Vegetarian Lunch Ideas for Work

Fixing and making things, what tools to get and what skills to learn, ...
Astra

Re: Vegetarian Lunch Ideas for Work

Post by Astra »

Usually I succeed in cooking enough to generate delicious leftovers. If not, these are my usual fallbacks:

Chickpea salat
Cook some chickpeas (pressure cooker/crockpot) add to some raw, chopped veggies (I like Fennel, carrots and bell pepper). Make a dressing from (Soy-)yoghurt, lime juice, cracked pepper, parsley and garlic flakes. Mix well and leave overnight in fridge to marinate. Delicious tartness and bite!

Tofu-"Ricotta" Wraps
Put a block of regular tofu into a food processor with some oil, lemon juice, salt and a bit of nutritional yeast (or Marmite). Process until creamy, but not too fluid. Wrap 2-3 spoonfuls of the tofu cream with some fresh veggie sticks and salad into a wholegrain tortilla. Add some extras like sundried tomatoes or olives if you like. Super tasty, filling and rich in protein.

Tomato Soup
Simply start making a tomato sauce (sautee onions and garlic in olive oil, add canned tomatoes, spice up all italian-like) then blend it, add some water if needed. Refine with soy cream if needed. Fill into a bottle for transport to work, then pop into a bowl to microwave. Other great soups for winter include: Lentil soup, carot with ginger, Thai coconut with lemongras. Yum!

Astra

Post by Astra »

@andyz: that sounds interesting. Is it more mediterrainan-style pasta with antipasti or more of an asian noodle vibe with sour pickles? What kind of pickles does your wife use?

stand@desk

Post by stand@desk »

Brown Rice and Lentils or Brown Rice and split peas. The goal of work lunch meals is to get as cheap a meal as possible, as healthy as possible, as easy to eat and clean up as possible. Let you Supper meal be the one you enjoy. The blander and more humble your lunch meal is, the better supper will taste. Be a Spartan Lunch Warrior!

fips

Post by fips »

Walking the talk two month later:

I have prepared three servings of this culinary delight:
http://vegangela.com/2013/09/20/african ... tato-stew/