Food Processor

Fixing and making things, what tools to get and what skills to learn, ...
Alphaville

Re: Food Processor

Post by Alphaville »

wanted to post an update on one small situation, i ended up buying a dough whisk and it's great.

however, i believe these are easy to make and not rocket science.

basically all you need is a sufficient length of heavy gauge stainless steel wire and a handle (say, hardwood, like some maple). you coil the wire and stick it into a hole in the handle and glue it and that's it. you might want to get fancier with the construction but it's basically a wire coil + a lever

eg see:
https://breadtopia.com/wp-content/uploa ... -7x-01.jpg

anyway the whisk is awesome because it will handle thick doughs better than a hand, meaning you can mix ingredients and pull the dough without sticking to your fingers and getting under your nails so you won't waste time or food scraping etc. the steel wire releases doughs fairly easily. therefore little to nothing is lost to it.

i bought an oxo brand, but when it gives up the ghost eventually i should be equipped to make my own in true postconsumer fashion.

Alphaville

Post by Alphaville »

food processor makes great veggie burgers/fake meats

Natris

Post by Natris »

Just threw "diy dough whisk" in duckduckgo image search and found this forum post (scroll down to the photo): https://www.pizzamaking.com/forum/index ... ic=12899.0

This person created one using the wire from an old windshield wiper and a couple of old wine corks. Genius!

Alphaville

Post by Alphaville »

nice! looks small though--no sure it could pull 1750+ grams of dough in a cambro bucket... 🤔

the one i got is quite large... handle is about a foot long?