Single ERE Guy in MD Looking for Girl

Meetups, joint projects, classifieds, dating, exchanges, buying, selling, etc.
forest_turtle

Single ERE Guy in MD Looking for Girl

Post by forest_turtle »

Hello,

I’m 38/W/M who’s been working at this ERE thing for a long time. It’s hard to find people who think/live the same way. I feel like this journey would be so much better with a partner.

I’m educated, healthy, good looking and in good shape. A great catch by most standards. All I’m looking for is someone like minded with regards to ERE and down to earth. Distance doesn’t need to be a limitation as that can change.
Last edited by forest_turtle on Mon May 21, 2018 5:37 am, edited 2 times in total.

suomalainen

Re: Single ERE Guy in MD Looking for Girl

Post by suomalainen »

forest_turtle wrote:
Sun May 20, 2018 8:54 am
I feel like this journey would be so much better with a partner.
I'd say it's different, not better because
forest_turtle wrote:
It’s hard to find people who think/live the same way.
relationships are hard no matter whether you think/live the same way along any particular dimensions. Relationships are so multidimensional you'll never find one that is easy along all dimensions all the time. Best of luck to you.

- not a girl, sorry

Stahlmann

Post by Stahlmann »

anyway I'm not a girl, but after reading your description I'm interested :lol: :lol: :lol:
for f-k sake we could be just pal friends :D

Bro

Post by Bro »

Have you considered going to another country? Maybe Southeast Asia or South America?

Colibri

Post by Colibri »

Would you come in the frozen north ? :shock:

forest_turtle

Post by forest_turtle »

Bro wrote:
Sun May 20, 2018 4:35 pm
Have you considered going to another country? Maybe Southeast Asia or South America?
Yes I have.

forest_turtle

Post by forest_turtle »

Colibri wrote:
Sun May 20, 2018 11:46 pm
Would you come in the frozen north ? :shock:
Possibly. I do not plan to stay around here forever, that’s for sure.

Jason

Post by Jason »

wrote:
wrote: Would you come in the frozen north ? :shock:
Possibly. I do not plan to stay around here forever, that’s for sure.
This reads like a Penthouse letter written by an Eskimo.

Sierra

Post by Sierra »

I agree with you, F_T. W/F, childless by choice, educated, in shape, adventurous, and travel-loving. I've lived ERE for years before it became a "concept"! I am envious of the partnerships demonstrated by the GoCurryCrackers and the OurNextLifers. Yes, no relationship is perfect, but there seems to be real synergy when two people are on the same page about something so fundamental. I have looked on several websites for FI groups around me (NC), and the nearest areas with even just 5+ FI'rs are 2-3 hours away. I am glad that at least it seems to be a growing population.

DebtSlaveNoMore

Post by DebtSlaveNoMore »

forest_turtle wrote:
Hello,

I’m 38/W/M who’s been working at this ERE thing for a long time. It’s hard to find people who think/live the same way. I feel like this journey would be so much better with a partner.

I’m educated, healthy, good looking and in good shape. A great catch by most standards. All I’m looking for is someone like minded with regards to ERE and down to earth. Distance doesn’t need to be a limitation as that can change.
I'm 36, and have been on the ERE path for over 10 years now. I have also been married for 8 of those years with a partner who is not into ERE. Marriage is all about compromise and overlooking those aspects of your partner that you don't like. In number terms, being married probably lowered our monthly savings rate by something like 20%. If you read my journal, I'm perpetually annoyed by my wife's level of unnecessary spending. If I had not gotten married, I would most likely have FIREed 3-4 years ago rather than just entering the FI tipping point this year. BUT, marriage brings children, warmth, and great self-motivation into a mans life. These are essential elements to a happy life that I'm more than willing to trade a few more years of working to obtain.

Frugalchicos

Post by Frugalchicos »

Good luck with it.

If it serves as an example to you, when Chica and I started dating, she wasn't frugal at all (buying clothes and stuff was something she and her family did to kill time. She also had a consumer debt of about $5,000 and had no idea about money management).

We both evolved together, not at the same level of frugality, but I think that comes with the age (I am 6 years older). All said, perhaps it is easier to find a kind, loving person that you find attractive and present the frugal lifestyle as an attractive way of spending your life together (this might require plenty of meetings, graphs and occasional fights)

I knew Chica was a good one when I took her to a dirty BYOB sushi restaurant for our second date and she was as happy as a clam (glad she made the cut).