Trackers and tools

Meetups, joint projects, classifieds, dating, exchanges, buying, selling, etc.
LiveSimply

Trackers and tools

Post by LiveSimply »

Hello fellow FIRE-birds!
Still navigating my way through the massive amount of information in the forum so apologies if this is not to forum standards for some reason

I have recently begun getting into a more disciplined mode and am trying to avoid re-inventing the wheel. So my question is -

Is there a central place for "tools and Trackers" that are most favored / most robust / most valuable to ERE members?

I understand this is prone to subjective categorization and valuation, but did not know if newbies like me can avoid ruffling feathers by asking "stupid" 'how-do-I' questions OR something as simple as 'basic' terminology - e.g when I first got here, I tried looking up SWR, then went to on google, and scratched my head on how Standing Wave Ratio related to FI!

Thoughts/criticism?

jacob
Site Admin
Location: USA, Zone 5b, Koppen Dfa, Elev. 620ft, Walkscore 77

Re: Trackers and tools

Post by jacob »

The most relevant ones are:

savings rate: gross spending / (net income+retirement contributions)

swr = gross spending / total networth; some use liquid networth only but most include home equity.
People aim for 4% or 3%. Some a bit higher, some a bit lower.

1 jacob = $7,000/year in spending; just in case you come across it on the forum, not used elsewhere.

LiveSimply

Post by LiveSimply »

@jacob - thank you
I will continue my research and add links here to things that I found useful . Here is one

SWR calc -- https://earlyretirementnow.com/2017/01/ ... 7-toolbox/

Tyler9000

Post by Tyler9000 »

Be sure to check out the ERE wiki. Lots of good resources are compiled there.