NYC meetup April 5th

Meetups, joint projects, classifieds, dating, exchanges, buying, selling, etc.
Seppia

NYC meetup April 5th

Post by Seppia »

Hey
I'll land in NYC on April 5th, we are planning something fairly un-ERE with fellow forum member Mister Imperceptible.
We will meet at Ribalta pizza on 12th street for a cheap (NYC cheap) dinner out. I should be there around 6.30/7pm.
For those interested, please post here.
It's the best pizzeria I've ever visited in my life and the place I never miss when I visit NY, so if you have even a small "eating out" budget I believe it will be money well spent.
People who pay attention to what they order and don't drink alcohol should be able to eat a fairly large amount of pizza for $20-25 plus tip.

I only request one rule: the place is cheap by NY standards and waiters work for almost no salary, so tip must be around 20%. I don't want to share a table with people who stiff waiters.
I subscribe to the mantra "if you cannot afford the tip, you cannot affor the restaurant".

Mister Imperceptible

Re: NYC meetup April 5th

Post by Mister Imperceptible »

“Best pizzeria I’ve ever visited.” And this from an Italian!

theanimal

Post by theanimal »

Eh, neapolitan pizza...should this thread be moved to the eternal disagreements section? :D

Seppia

Post by Seppia »

theanimal wrote:
Wed Mar 28, 2018 6:55 pm
Eh, neapolitan pizza...should this thread be moved to the eternal disagreements section? :D
Yes of course is Neapolitan pizza :)
The owners are both from Naples, and they do the signature double raising of the dough for a minimum of 36hours.

Mister Imperceptible

Post by Mister Imperceptible »

I’ve come down with a minor illness and Seppia had to change his flight. Although I’m wondering if Seppia cancelled because he heard all my crazy American talk about GUNS.

No one else had said they would be there, so I suspect Ribalta on 12th will be without ERE people tomorrow.