Let's write books to each other!

Meetups, joint projects, classifieds, dating, exchanges, buying, selling, etc.
liberty

Let's write books to each other!

Post by liberty »

There is a lot of knowledge in this community, and, especially after "retirement", we need to do something, like for example writing books (or create a course, podcast etc). But often it can be hard and boring with no feedback as you go. I started on writing a book about programming for beginners, but got bored after a while. Why not help each other with teaching and learning. The system could be like this: We write in this thread which books we would like to write, and then one or more can sign up as readers. The readers give feedback at certain intervals, for example weekly, and the author can the amend the content based on the feedback. This will improve the content. The advantage for the readers is that they get the book for free and even a deeper explanation on the topics they didn't understand in the first place.

Suggestions to topics:
- Programming (author: liberty)
- Investing
- Blockchain and crypto currencies
- How to live in RV
- How to live in boat
- How to rent cheap

Please suggest more topics, can be whatever! :) I can then create a list of author and reader(s) for each topic. I'm interested in writing about programming. I would like to read (and give feedback about) all the other topics.

Of course it can also be something else than a book, for example a blog, course, podcast etc.

7Wannabe5

Re: Let's write books to each other!

Post by 7Wannabe5 »

I will read your book on programming. It will be timely supplement to the data science boot-camp and IT on-line coursework I also plan on doing this year in order to render myself current.

I will also write a book on some other topic such as "Hardcore to Wormfest: Urban Soil Restoration", "The $5 Room Renovation", "Substitute Teacher's Survival Guide", "Emptying the Dumpster: Cash, Stash and Compost", or "The GILF's Guide to Sex with the Over 50 Man."

liberty

Post by liberty »

@7Wannabe5: thanks! Will keep you updated :)

No limits for number of readers - so please join! No requirements - you are allowed to quit whenever you want if you figure out that you hate programming...

Gilberto de Piento

Post by Gilberto de Piento »

As a related idea if someone is interested in writing on these topics but isn't ready to commit to writing a whole book they could add information to the ERE wiki.

jacob
Site Admin
Location: USA, Zone 5b, Koppen Dfa, Elev. 620ft, Walkscore 77

Post by jacob »

Alternative method: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=9275