San Diego Shoestring Meetup | Thursday 11/10, 8:00 AM

Meetups, joint projects, classifieds, dating, exchanges, buying, selling, etc.
Ego

San Diego Shoestring Meetup | Thursday 11/10, 8:00 AM

Post by Ego » Tue Nov 08, 2016 7:02 pm

C40 is in town with his incredible van. On Thursday we will be heading over to Coronado on the free commuter ferry at 8:00 AM (it is actually 8:10 but often leaves early) then looping around the island by bicycle at a leisurely pace before stopping at either Glorietta Bay Park or Tidelands Park for a makeshift TRX/bodyweight workout and chat about all things ERE.

We will return to San Diego by ferry (normally $4.75 but free with the commuter ticket they give you when boarding the commuter ferry in the morning) whenever we feel like it. The ferries run every hour, on the hour back to Broadway Pier or every hour on the 10 to the Convention Center/Gaslamp Quarter.

http://www.flagshipsd.com/sites/default ... hedule.pdf

I will bring a thermos full of hot water for tea. Be sure to bring your own cup and tea. I said this is a shoestring affair, didn't I?!

It looks like it is going to be beach weather (mid-to-upper-80s and sunny) so you could bring a swimsuit/towel and spend the day at the beach on Coronado.

Yes, 8:00 AM is an unusual time for a meetup. Get over it! C40 is retired. If you are in Southern California and can't make it because of work commitments, you need to reorganize your priorities. Life is short. C40 is a fascinating guy. You don't want to miss this.

Also, special bonus crazy-person meetup. C40 actually wanted to go to the swap meet near the border tomorrow (Wednesday, 11/9) at 6:00 AM. Hah! On the off chance that anyone else wants to come, consider yourself invited. We will be conspicuous as the only two gringos in the place. Be prepared to fight your way through piles of junk.

C40

Re: San Diego Shoestring Meetup | Thursday 11/10, 8:00 AM

Post by C40 » Tue Nov 08, 2016 8:37 pm

Yeah buddy! It's hard to beat a party that includes a bike ride, working out, coffee/tea, AND a beach! Ego is a doubly fascinating, so let's do this folks!

Ego

Post by Ego » Wed Nov 09, 2016 3:14 pm

C40 with the best find of the day.

I was slightly worried that the book would recommend spending Wednesday mornings digging through outer people's junk with friends and we'd get sucked into a multi-dimensional vortex.

theanimal

Post by theanimal » Sun Nov 20, 2016 8:48 pm

Oh man, I'm bummed I wasn't able to attend this. Sounds like a great time.