Post your MB Personality Type

Meetups, joint projects, classifieds, dating, exchanges, buying, selling, etc.
sea

Re: Post your MB Personality Type

Post by sea »

GandK wrote:Try this on for size:
INFJ: You must work for a company that you know to be morally corrupt, exploiting the lower classes of society to benefit the rich. You are not allowed to quit or leave the job.
I've seen this several times and shudder every single time. That was my first "real" job in 2003 (22 y.o.) at a Fortune 15. I left in 2006 and have been at not-for-profits (although some of them are not much better) or smaller privately-owned companies with a flatter power structure ever since.

bottlerocks

Post by bottlerocks »

I was testing INTJ very consistently when I first discovered these forums and now I'm solidly ISTP (S&P are low-ish though). Wonder what changed.

FBeyer

Post by FBeyer »

ENTJ-A
77% 66% 85% 71% 63%
I guess that's a pretty strong profile percentage-wise.

I've been thinking though, that if one was a turbulent personality, the A/T percentage would tend fluctuate as you re-take the test whereas a 'true' strong A would be quite set. In other words, A shows up as A, T shows up as both A and T depending on your current mood.

themodernchap

Post by themodernchap »

INTJ, DW is INTP

Percentages-
Introvert(44%) iNtuitive(34%) Thinking(12%) Judging(3%)
You have moderate preference of Introversion over Extraversion (44%)
You have moderate preference of Intuition over Sensing (34%)
You have slight preference of Thinking over Feeling (12%)
You have marginal or no preference of Judging over Perceiving (3%)

I had never heard of these tests until I started reading here, the write-up for INTJ does sound very much like me.

peerifloori

Post by peerifloori »

I've always enjoyed the MBTI. In high school and early college, I would flip between INFP and ENFP. Then there was a solid 10 years or so of INFP. Interesting, I just retook it and scored INFJ quite definitively. It looks like this is related to becoming more of a planner than a creative. I feel like both the INFJ and INFP descriptions describe me pretty well.

For the INFJ decription from the link in the OP, my strategy is "Constant Improvement". Too true. I am always trying to figure out how I can do every single thing better. Sometimes I wish I could just relax and let things be. (So does my husband).

phil

Post by phil »

INTJ, always INTJ (INTJ-A on this particular test).
thrifty++ wrote:I think people often misunderstand introversion. For me it really comes down to whether you acquire energy from being on your own or being with other people. I have no issue speaking up in front of people on a regular basis despite being an introvert and see it as a separate issue.
I can fully relate to this. I used to believe that I was an extrovert, and that being extroverted is a good thing (oddly, my introvert parents taught me this). I ascribed my frequent lapses of utter exhaustion after intense social interaction to "some weird trait of mine". When I found out that I am actually an introvert, it was quite an eye-opener for me.

Forskaren

Post by Forskaren »

I scored ISTJ-T on a test i did.

What is the difference between -T and -A?

theanimal

Post by theanimal »

Usually test as INTJ but this time was different. The descriptions fit me fairly well. I find it odd the numbers are so similar.

Your personality type: “The Logistician” (ISTJ-A)

Strength of individual traits: Introverted: 68%, Observant: 68%, Thinking: 50%, Judging: 50%, Assertive: 50%.
Role: Sentinel
Strategy: Confident Individualism

ETA: The relationship section was spot on.I have a small circle of friends. Romantically,I rarely seek out a partner and don't have much interest in random hookups. I do have a trend of developing a really strong interest in a girl(in general) about every 4 years and end up trying to pursue a relationship. It's been about 3 years since the last one..this could be a good year :P .

2Birds1Stone

Post by 2Birds1Stone »

ENTJ

slog

Post by slog »

Used the link cmonkey provided
Did find myself answering quite a few neutrals. Not sure I see truth in the strengths and weaknesses but interesting to reflect on.
ENFP-A "The Campaigner"
Extraverted 56%
Intuitive 65%
Feeling 54%
Prospecting 64%
Assertive 64 %

TopHatFox

Post by TopHatFox »

sea wrote:I almost always test INFJ too, although I'll get INFP occasionally.
Same, this is what I pretty much get (INFJ-A or INFP-A), though if I'm honest, I self identify as INFJ if I think through each category.

slog

Post by slog »

I went back and applied a don't cop out and answer neutral rule (although I still did for one question)
Moved me from "Diplomats" to "Analysts"
INTP-A "The Logician"
Introverted 62%
Intuitive 74%
Thinking 60%
Prospecting 81%
Assertive 68%

CECTPA

Post by CECTPA »

“THE DEFENDER” (ISFJ-A)
SENTINEL
CONFIDENT INDIVIDUALISM
64% INTROVERTED
77% OBSERVANT
70% FEELING
79% JUDGING
70% ASSERTIVE

Well, looks like I'm not the only ISFJ here, heyhey. I'm a nurse and the famous ISFJs are my role models: Mother Theresa and Samwise Gamgee from The Lord of the Rings :)
But the thing is... I don't like this 70% FEELING part. I love logic. But I find it only logical to be kind to people and to value their emotions, and not to argue with only reason to be right. Because most of the people have low IQs and they are driven by emotion with low emotional intelligence, at least my patients lol. And then I have to ask myself: "Do you want to be right or do you want to be happy?"
And that is because it makes my job easier. Would I be 70% FEELING if I didn't have to work? The phrasing of the questions in the test asking more about "what you do?" instead of "what would you rather do?"

Another thing. Do I have a problem speaking in front of 1500 people? No. Would I rather not to? Absolutely. That's why I believe I'm 100% introverted, but I can become a bit extroverted, if I need to, driven by the logic. Whatever makes my life easier :)

namesarehard

Post by namesarehard »

This may go against the theory behind this test, but I seem to oscillate fairly consistently between two types, when using the "16 personalities" test in different situations.

I've found that I score ENFP-A when I take the test during weekends, and INTJ-A when I take the test at work. I actually think that this may reflect my behavior in different situations-

ENFP in daily life
INTJ when I am problem-solving (at work, personal projects, finances, even games)

I think that the ENFP seems fairly spot on concerning my personal life - I seem to make friends with ALL of the strangest people. However, I've noticed that I'm not very tolerant of "incorrect" opinions when tackling problems at work. Consequently I've learned that speaking my mind about the quality of others' work can be a poor political move :oops:

I wonder if there's a way for me to consciously switch between the two modes - I appreciate my INTJ problem-solver, but really think my ENFP would serve me better when it comes to office politics. Bah, I didn't even know office politics were a thing until I read this article http://earlyretirementextreme.com/are-y ... erism.html

BRUTE

Post by BRUTE »

breaking news: MB personality test gross oversimplification
see also: zodiac signs

ducknalddon

Post by ducknalddon »

BRUTE wrote:breaking news: MB personality test gross oversimplification
Yet many people seem to find it useful, I know I do.

Lucky C

Post by Lucky C »

INFJ

Reading the 16personalities explanation today made me feel better about myself. I plan to stay at my current job at least another two years, but sometimes it's rough and I'm disappointed in myself for not being able to handle it better. But after taking a couple tests and reading up on INFJs, I realize engineering just isn't a good fit for my personality, whereas growing up and into college it just always seemed like the logical choice because I was "good with computers and science".

Thinking ahead to the future, I'd be more interested in spending most of my life helping people in some way or doing something artistic. However the career path I chose was still my best option since it's still pretty much the best paying job I'd be willing & able to do. No regrets!

I'm just happy to know that there's nothing wrong with me for not wanting to stick with a career that seemed so right for me once upon a time. It's OK for me to want to abandon this path as soon as possible because it's just not right for me!

FBeyer

Post by FBeyer »

Breaking news: clustering algorithms cannot produce a 0 percent prediction accuracy unless there are 0 degress of freedom in the model...

BRUTE

Post by BRUTE »

FBeyer wrote:
Breaking news: clustering algorithms cannot produce a 0 percent prediction accuracy unless there are 0 degress of freedom in the model...
isn't that what brute said?

vexed87

Post by vexed87 »

I just did the INTJ vs INTP test (came out INTP - 58%) went back to 16personalities and read the description for INTP and must admit, it feels a lot more like me than the INTJ type, although there is obvious overlap... its a bit odd to realise I may have typed myself incorrectly for over a year, but reading the INTP description, particularly the part about developing ideas by bouncing them of others, sort of testing the theory against reality as it were. It's clear to me now I am closer to INTP than INTJ. I do find myself constantly debating with myself and pondering about my ideas...

I wonder now if I had been borderline INTP/INTJ the last time I took the test and hadn't noticed! :D

I even recall going through the rebellious 'I am always right and everyone else is an idiot' phase.

Thinking about it, I even see it in my writing style... LOL.