For Sale: New HanWag Grunten US 11 / UK 10 Marone Boots

Meetups, joint projects, classifieds, dating, exchanges, buying, selling, etc.
calicuervo

For Sale: New HanWag Grunten US 11 / UK 10 Marone Boots

Post by calicuervo »

Hey everyone!

I'm selling brand new pair of the venerable Hanwag Grunten!
I bought them online, but they're just a bit too big for me.

Image gallery here: https://drive.google.com/folderview?id= ... sp=sharing

The perils of online shopping

You can find Jacob's take on them here:
http://earlyretirementextreme.com/the-l ... r-buy.html
I am seriously considering buying another 2 pairs. That should cover me for life. Hanwag sells these boots as the only pair of hiking boots you’ll ever need. I figure that since I use them every day, I’ll probably need more than one pair during my lifetime, but otherwise, pretty close.
This pair is in great shape. They were worn just once, around town for a few hours, and I accidentally kicked a bit of concrete, so the toe of one has a minor blemish.
I have also lost track of how far I have walked in them with my walking commutes and all that. Normally a pair of running shoes would be expected to last 1000 km. Modern hiking boots are good for about 1500 km before the liner will begin to crack. These have gone at least 10,000 km.
They're sized as a US 11, UK 10 and EU 44.5, and are a wonderful nutty reddish brown, called 'Marone' in Hanwag-speak.
They include the original box if you would like it, which you should know was a bit crushed from the shipping from Germany. I'll still send it though.

In addition, the label stitched to the interior leather says "Made in Croatia". I contacted Hanwag about this, and they stated that in fact, the boots WERE made in Germany, but the wrong labels were put on during production. Since quite a lot of trouble for me to do a return through the German retailer I bought these from, I'm offering them here :-)

Double stitched full grain leather boots with a Norwegian welt

These boots retail for around $340, but if you message with me before any craigslist or eBay people, these can be yours. $275 OBO.

Send me an email at lingslat at gee mail.com and we can work out the details from there :-)

Cheers, and good luck!