Forum members swapping trash and treasure by flatrate mail

Meetups, joint projects, classifieds, dating, exchanges, buying, selling, etc.
phil

Re: Forum members swapping trash and treasure by flatrate mail

Post by phil »

I live in the Netherlands and have a lot of books (in English) that I wouldn't mind getting rid of. ERE-related stuff includes YMOYL, Walden and Meditations by Marcus Aurelius, but I also have a ton of other books both fiction and non-fiction. Shipping rates are too high to warrant international shipping (even within the EU), but if anybody in the Netherlands is interested in swapping, let me know.

Clarice

Post by Clarice »

theanimal wrote:
Thu Nov 02, 2017 1:50 pm
I have the books from Jacob's Investment curriculum minus Economics: Public and Private Choice and Financial Reporting and Statement Analysis.

http://earlyretirementextreme.com/start ... sting.html

All you pay is postage costs (probably $25 or so).
@the animal:

Do you still have this collection? I am interested.

Miss Lonelyhearts

Post by Miss Lonelyhearts »

I have a set of circa 1960s dishware — large plates, small plates, lg/sm bowls, etc — in this pattern. I’ve been intending to eBay them for years since they have some value, even getting as far as pricing out industrial rolls of bubble wrap, but any EREer in the Chicago area can have them for free.

jacob
Site Admin
Location: USA, Zone 5b, Koppen Dfa, Elev. 620ft, Walkscore 73

Post by jacob »

@ML - I happen to have "industrial rolls" of bubble wrap you can have for free. Well, not exactly an industrial roll, but I have a lot (too much) of heavy duty bubble packaging + boxes and envelopes.

ScrewTheAverage
Location: Continual long-term travelling since 2016 (4 continents, 26 countries, ~80 cities)

Post by ScrewTheAverage »

This is a great idea, thank you for posting this Jacob!

In an effort to help other ERE'ers save some money when shipping items via USPS, if you're shipping less than 20lbs and a small package (i.e. something really dense) the USPS offers a service called 'Priority Mail Cubic' to commercial mailers (individuals can use it if their package qualifies).

Do a search for Priority Mail Cubic to get more information on the shipping parameters. If we're not mistaken Stamps.com and Pirate Ship.com (who we use, no affiliation) both offer the service.

Hopefully others will find this info useful and be able to save some money!