St Louis Meetup - ERE/MMM - Sat May 10

Meetups, joint projects, classifieds, dating, exchanges, buying, selling, etc.
C40

St Louis Meetup - ERE/MMM - Sat May 10

Post by C40 »

WHEN:

Saturday, May 10. 12:00pm to 4:00pm
(was originally April 26 but delayed due to many possible attendee's conflicts)

WHERE:
Forest Park. We have one of the best parks of any city and the weather is getting very nice. I'll add specifics about the location (maybe by the jewel box (very easy to park) or on the hill near the art museum (harder to park), or, maybe the best option - on the north end of the park near the metrolink station) and how to identify the group.

I will figure out and add a backup location for if the forecast turns into rain as the date approaches.

WHAT TO BRING:
Just yourself. You might want to bring a blanket or two for people to sit on. Or folding lawn chairs.

I will bring some water, cups, light snacks (fruit and such), and maybe a bottle of rum and some coke and ice for the adventurous ones.

--------------------------------------------------------

PLEASE POST IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN COMING so we have an idea of how many attendees to expect, and to encourage others to come.

I went to an ERE meetup in Chicago and it was a blast. It's one thing to read posts on a forum, and anther thing to be able to relate to similar people in person. You're able to discuss topics in a much more fluid and sometimes in-depth way than on forum threads.

It looks like there are a fair number of St Louis forum members (Over 20 on MMM just from searching "St Louis" and the map, surely there are even more, and some a handful of obvious St Louis residents here on the ERE forum) I will be PM'ing them a link to this thread.
Last edited by C40 on Mon Apr 21, 2014 8:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Optimal_Solution

Re: St Louis Meetup - ERE/MMM - Sat April 26

Post by Optimal_Solution »

Thanks for getting the ball rolling, C40.

I'm highly interested in going. My ability to come will depend on what time I get back from a short camping trip.

paxprobellum

Post by paxprobellum »

Unfortunately, I recently moved out of St. Louis. But Forest Park is awesome -- hope you guys have a great time!

C40

Post by C40 »

So far we only have two people saying they can come, and one maybe. I'm thinking about moving the date out (maybe to May 10).

Any thoughts or suggestions?

C40

Post by C40 »

Changing date to MAY 10. WOO HOO!!!

C40

Re: St Louis Meetup - ERE/MMM - Sat May 10

Post by C40 »

LOCATION DETAILS:

Forest park, near the Art Museum. Out on the lawn on the hill between the Museum and the Fountains. At each (east and west) end of this open lawn, there are circular flat areas. We'll meet on the lawn, near the west one.

Color key for the pictures below:

RED = Meeting area
GREEN AND YELLOW = Roads to take to get here. (It's not terribly difficult, and there are some signs. But Forest park can be a little confusing so if you're not familiar with where the art museum is, you might want to prep a little bit.)
BLUE = Places to park. You won't have to pay for parking (but you may have to walk a little bit because the parking lot right by where we'll meet does fill up at times. There are always spots to be found on the roads nearby.

Showing driving routes:
Bigger: https://farm6.staticflickr.com/5454/141 ... 5edf_o.png

Zoomed in closer, showing parking:
Bigger: https://farm3.staticflickr.com/2913/139 ... 61fe_o.png

Zoomed in closer to show meeting area detail:

If you're walking from the Metrolink station, it's a nice 1 mile stroll through the park.

The weather will be great. 80-85 degrees with a breeze.

I'll be there, wearing this shirt:

We haven't had many people confirm so it doesn't look like it will be a large group. If this post is still here, the meetup is still on. Even if I'm there by myself, I'll be there for sure.

Optimal_Solution

Post by Optimal_Solution »

I will be there.

before45

Post by before45 »

I'll be there--I'll try to be on time since I can only stay until 1:45.

jacob
Site Admin
Location: USA, Zone 5b, Koppen Dfa, Elev. 620ft, Walkscore 77

Post by jacob »

Posted on facebook. Have you crossposted to the MMM forums?

13owie

Post by 13owie »

Have fun everyone! Wish could make it. Maybe some pints or homemade cider some other time.

henrik

Post by henrik »

I looked at the first map before reading the text and thought the first ERE run was being organised!