Seattle/PNW Meetup Sunday Feb 27th @ 2pm

Meetups, joint projects, classifieds, dating, exchanges, buying, selling, etc.
Redsted1

Post by Redsted1 »

Put your rain slicker on, we need to do a Seattle meetup. Any ideas for where we could meet, what we could do, and when we could do it?
Are weekends best? Or is a mid-week, mid-day meetup do-able? Also, Seattle is not a small area--so if everyone lives more towards a certain area we could go that route. I'm on the Eastside, Bellevue to be exact.
Thoughts?

Q

Post by Q »

Man, I had some bad times in Bellevue...what about Kinokuniya at the Utsuwa near the stadiums and stuff...that area was really nice when I visited (plus I have a Kino here in the bay area).
Maybe it isn't a 100% conducive to meet-up space, but, it's a start.
SO wants to visit up there too...

tlaloc

Post by tlaloc »

This would be cool. I'd love to get to know some people in the area that get the ERE paradigm.
I commute weekdays from north seattle to bellevue through the tunnel (on the bus), so I'd be game for either suggestion. Weekdays during the day would be a no go for me, other than that, I'm mostly open.

Jeremy

Post by Jeremy »

I propose Sunday, October 24th at 1:00 pm at Woodland Park, Picnic Shelter #6. Probability of fall rain in Seattle is 100% so this would provide some shelter while providing a BYO type of venue. Unfortunately, alcohol is not permitted in the parks. I believe parking is free, at least on Sundays, and it is a direct bus from downtown
Address: 5900 Aurora Ave N, Seattle, WA 98103

http://bit.ly/dzWNMB
Location: North end of park on the far right-hand side as you come up service road, off W Green Lake Way N, next to lawn bowling and horseshoe pits

http://www.cityofseattle.net/parks/_ima ... and4-7.pdf
Pictures of the shelter:

http://www.cityofseattle.net/parks/Rese ... dland6.pdf
There are no reservations after 9/30, so its first come first serve which should also mean no fees.

Redsted1

Post by Redsted1 »

I think I can make that, I will double check my schedule and see, but I'm 90% certain I can be there. What about everyone else?

tlaloc

Post by tlaloc »

Count me in.

Redsted1

Post by Redsted1 »

SO is in as well--we're at a total of 4 confirmed currently, by my count.

Jeremy

Post by Jeremy »

Anybody else planning on joining?
I have a copy of the ERE book that I'll plan to bring, along with some healthy snacks

Jeremy

Post by Jeremy »

Anybody else planning on joining?
I have a copy of the ERE book that I'll plan to bring, along with some healthy snacks

jacob
Site Admin
Location: USA, Zone 5b, Koppen Dfa, Elev. 620ft, Walkscore 77

Post by jacob »

Here are some tips from the last meetup. Since nobody has met each other before, if the location is at all ambiguous, e.g. more than one bench, corner, area, etc., it would be smart to bring a sign or agree on some other recognizable subject. Last time we resorted to asking wandering people who looked lost if they were looking for a certain meetup (luckily with a 0% error rate) until we procured a piece of paper to make a sign.
Also, bring a bottle opener!

vern

Post by vern »

I'm going to try and show up for this. I should know for sure if I can make it next week.

Redsted1

Post by Redsted1 »

Looking forward to meeting all (both...?) of you on Sunday. I'll bring some healthy snacks too, as well as my copy of the ERE book so we can have a "Bible Study"--ERE style. :)

AlexOliver

Post by AlexOliver »

I was waiting to comment until I knew either way, but it's looking like I won't be able to make it. Hope it goes well!

vern

Post by vern »

I'm not going to be able to attend either. I don't live in Seattle and was trying to line up some other things in addition to the meet-up but it didn't pan out.
I hope y'all have fun and maybe I'll be able to make the next one.

Jeremy

Post by Jeremy »

Unfortunately I've come down with a bug and won't be able to attend :(

Redsted1

Post by Redsted1 »

I think we should reschedule...sounds like nobody is in/able to go...thoughts?

tlaloc

Post by tlaloc »

@redsted, it sounds like it'd just be you and me. I wouldn't be bothered by a reschedule. The more the merrier :)

jacob
Site Admin
Location: USA, Zone 5b, Koppen Dfa, Elev. 620ft, Walkscore 77

Post by jacob »

If you do reschedule, I think someone should go to the designated spot anyway to check for stragglers. Not everybody may have the foresight to check the forum for a cancellation and if history is a guide some will come from up to 2.5 hours of driving away.

tlaloc

Post by tlaloc »

@jacob, I was actually thinking of doing that. I'm within walking distance, so i'll swing by around 1.

tlaloc

Post by tlaloc »

*bump*
I thought I'd bring this up again. Reschedule for 11/7?