Looking for other gay ERE people in the DC area

Meetups, joint projects, classifieds, dating, exchanges, buying, selling, etc.
Frugal_Wanderer

Post by Frugal_Wanderer »

I'm gay, single and in my 30's in the Washington, DC area.
I'm relatively new to ERE, but have found that it aligns quite nicely with my beliefs about minimalism and independence. (I think I had been on an ERE path for a while without even realizing it!)
My biggest problem right now is building a community and eventually and ideally, finding a partner in crime. Many of my friends are straight and very few are ERE-like.
I'm wondering whether there are any gay guys in the area around my age. It would be great to hang out and discuss ERE issues in person. If there are enough of us, we could even form a community!

BPA

Post by BPA »

Hi there! I am neither gay nor from DC, but thought you might be interested in a somewhat similar forum http://mrmoneymustache.com/
There seems to be a rather ridiculous influx of newer people on the forums that don't seem to get it, but most people are pretty FI minded. I think the community is larger too, so you might find more people who fit what you are looking for.
Good luck.

BPA

Post by BPA »

lol I just realized it sounded like I was suggesting this forum has a ridiculous influx of newer people who don't seem to get it. Ooops. I like posting to MMM, but lately I've been thinking, "Have some of these people even bothered to familiarize themselves with his blog?"

pooablo

Post by pooablo »

Another frugal homo here but I am out in Toronto -- I'll be there soon. :)

Frugal_Wanderer

Post by Frugal_Wanderer »

Thanks @BPA Apprentice for the tip about the MMM forum. I read MMM regularly, but completely overlooked the fact that they had a forum!
@Pooablo: I go to Toronto every once in a while - I'll send you a private message.