Utah, colorado, may june 2020

Meetups, joint projects, classifieds, dating, exchanges, buying, selling, etc.
Jean

Utah, colorado, may june 2020

Post by Jean »

Hi,
I feel some fernweh again, and I'm very likely to fly to denver on the 14th of may, take a bus to penrose, CO, do a trip similar to this
And then take a train to Granby, CO, to hike in the rocky mountains NP for whatever time I happen to have left before the 24th of june, when I'll fly back home.

I'de be very happy to meet anyone in the area, or do a part of the trip together. I'm likely not renting a car because there seem to be reasonable public transports around Colorado, but I don't know.

Is anyone interested in meeting? It seem that 41 days is plenty of time, so I'll be happy to go some extra miles to meet.

Any tips?
I met some forum members last year. I'll let them testify that meeting me was safe if they see this topic and want to.

Frita

Re: Utah, colorado, may june 2020

Post by Frita »

Jean, this is a great itinerary (Done most of it but pieced our.). If you decide to come to Medicine Bow National Forest and/ Vedauwoo, we can definitely meetup. Otherwise, perhaps we’d join you at the front or back end (School can be crazy in May and then we’re off to Western Europe for a 18 day city tour.).

Jean

Post by Jean »

Thanks for the invitation!
my gf would very much like to visit this area too, and I might hold this trip for a time when she'll be able to travel with me.
I don't know what I'll do yet. I might work on my roof, or travel to Alaska or somwhere in Europe.
Where will you go in Europe? is you trip already fixed?

Frita

Post by Frita »

Your proposed trip would be a bummer for your girlfriend to miss out on. Aren’t you a sweetheart to be willing to postpone!

You’re welcome. Consider the offer open. Vedauwoo is fabulous for hikes, bouldering(freeclimbing), and boondocking. (There is paid camping too, just not our thing.). A Wyoming loop at a different time with your girlfriend could be pretty awesome. September is the best month IMO because the weather is still nice and there are less tourists. No skiing though...

Yes, our trip is fixed. We are going to London, Barcelona, a Mediterranean cruise (RT Barcelona with stops in Naples, Rome, Florence, Nice, and Marseille), and Paris. We’re flying directly from Denver. No layovers, yea! Our 15 year old is forgoing his overpriced one week high school trip to Madrid to do this. He said he’s glad to be traveling with us since we don’t boss him around. One of his middle school friends lives in Rome now, so we will get to meet up with her.