Famous people who are ERE compatible

Meetups, joint projects, classifieds, dating, exchanges, buying, selling, etc.
fiby41

Famous people who are ERE compatible

Post by fiby41 »

This can be the thread in which you mention a public figure followed by which aspect of the ERE philosophy they embody.

Warren Buffett mentioned that he had 175 thousand and 2.5 children when he moved back to Omaha and bought a house in 1959. He especially mentions that it was all he would need to live for the rest of his life, he could take care of everything.
So he was FIRE even before his investing career started.
"I think you should look for the job you would want to hold if you didn't need the job."
He put it more succinctly than my crude
fiby41 wrote:
Mon Jun 08, 2015 3:50 am
. I wanted to be not dependent on money, irony is, as it turns out, one way to by independent of money is to have lots of it. In general it could be stated as 'The best way to be independent of something is to be conscious to the extent/limit of its existence.' A horse doesn't notice/mind being bound in a field until it tries to venture out of the radius of its rope. Similarly I will not realize how much I'm dependent on money and others factors otherwise until I run into financial or any other type of trouble. It started along the lines of: 'In a hypothetical case, how much money am I supposed to have before I get a job to never need to work for money?' so l made a rough back of the textbook estimate (which cost me in resale value of the textbook.)
Another one would be Ray Dalio with his revolutionary idea of dividing savings by monthly expenses to find out how long they'll last.

Lemur

Re: Famous people who are ERE compatible

Post by Lemur »

John Urschel had a short but lucrative, NFL career. The offensive lineman, who retired at age 26 in 2017 to pursue his PhD at MIT, earned $1.8 million over his three seasons with the Baltimore Ravens.

His salary was as high as $600,000 in 2016, but Urschel never lived like he was making six figures. In fact, he did the opposite.

“I drive a used hatchback Nissan Versa and live on less than $25,000 a year,” the athlete wrote on The Players’ Tribune in 2015.
John Urshel
https://www.cnbc.com/2017/10/27/nfl-pla ... -year.html

jacob
Site Admin
Location: USA, Zone 5b, Koppen Dfa, Elev. 620ft, Walkscore 77

Post by jacob »

Wasn't there an old thread about this?

Add: Yes, viewtopic.php?t=6393

ScrewTheAverage
Location: Continual long-term travelling since 2016 (4 continents, 26 countries, ~80 cities)

Post by ScrewTheAverage »