Coming to the midwest in summer 2019

Meetups, joint projects, classifieds, dating, exchanges, buying, selling, etc.
sky

Re: Coming to the midwest in summer 2019

Post by sky »

Calumet
Marquette
Pasties at Lehto's, 10 miles west of St Ignace on US 2
Harbor Springs, Charlevoix, Petoskey, Glen Arbor, Frankfort, Manistee, Ludington
Scenic Drive from Whitehall to Muskegon
Lakeshore Drive from Grand Haven to Holland
Just follow the coast the whole way

BMF1102

Post by BMF1102 »

Tahquamenon falls in the UP, pictured rocks, Crisp point light house, Kitch-iti-kipi is neat but a tourist trap. There is a nice State Park on the east side of Big Bay De'noc. I prefer St. Ignace to Mackinac City near the Bridge. South of the bridge you have Headlands Dark Sky park, could make a good place to sleep in the car over night and do some star gazing. As Sky said though just follow the coast it's all beautiful. Traverse City has a ton of breweries (if you are into that). Leland is a neat little town, you could hop the ferry to either North or South Manitou Islands for a day trip or over night from there as well. You could catch the musical fountain in Grand Haven (free) as well. Lot's of wilderness just inland as well if I think of any other neat attractions that are cheap or free I'll let you know.

Jean

Post by Jean »

That's my favorite part of the us until now, and I already visited 45 states. By favorite, i mean were I'de be the most willing to buy Real estate (regardless of taxes, cause i know nothing about them). I just miss having a kitchen, cause i already feel Bad probably due to my fastfood diet.

classical_Liberal

Post by classical_Liberal »

Made it home ok?

Jean

Post by Jean »

I'm in bakkagerdhi, borgafjordhur. It's rainy and windy. I'll do a three day hike and grab a boat to the feroese on wednsday.