colloquial meaning of 'function stack'?

Move along, nothing to see here!
jennypenny

colloquial meaning of 'function stack'?

Post by jennypenny »

I've run across 'function stack' used in a non-scientific way three times in the last two weeks. I assumed the term must have some colloquial meaning now but couldn't figure it out. Today it turned up in something I'm editing so I need to understand its usage. Google isn't helping much. Anyone willing to explain what it means?

Did

Re: colloquial meaning of 'function stack'?

Post by Did »

Jeeze I only know the programming context. In the sense you push your variables on the (memory) stack, do your stuff, then pop them off. Maybe it means the info you're handed. Never heard it used in a normal context.

BRUTE

Post by BRUTE »

context?

jennypenny

Post by jennypenny »

"disordered personal function stack" ... a negative comment about a high-ranking person

I'm thinking the author (journo) picked up the phrase at a cocktail party, but like I said I've seen it used a couple of times recently so it must be a *thing* now.

George the original one

Post by George the original one »

Stacks are FIFO or LIFO with a few functions to change the top few entries... anything else is disordered.

Edit: hmm, seems to be tied in with Myers-Briggs. See http://personalityjunkie.com/functional ... cs-theory/

jennypenny

Post by jennypenny »

GTOO -- I bet that's it! "Function" instead of "functional" threw me off. She's into MBTI so I'm sure that's what she's trying to imply. I'll change it to 'functional'. Thanks!!!