growing older/reflecting/doing/ERE.

Move along, nothing to see here!
J_

growing older/reflecting/doing/ERE.

Post by J_ »

4 of last 7 months I have (partly) used to solve the only two things of my body which were not optimal. Some toenails and my teeth.

Some (7) toenails had a fungus that made them look bad and made them crumble. I have spended more than 10 years with all kinds of non oral (medical) treatments. Only after all those trials I had convinced myself to go for the medical solution, taking a pill for three months to cure it from inside, and taking the risks of the side effects. There were side effects but I did overcome them. There was a risk (liver) but after 6 weeks a had a blood sample taken to have an indication, result of test: no bad influence. The nails are healthy now.

I used my winter stay in the mountains to solve the teeth problem. I choose to have dental implants to replace my dental braces. Again a decision I deliberatedly took after considering the implications of how to eat/live/look in the future and also to invest about an amount equal of threequarter year-living-costs. The last was simple, I have saved enough to pay for such an event without a blink of my eye. The other implications were more serious. The least to undergo free of will the pain, as I do not like to take painkilllers, to undergo periods with missing teeths which make you (in my mind) a little bit ugly. I am vain, to be frank. Partly therefore I used my winterstint in relative solitude for this action, the other part of it was that I met here a young dentist who seemed to have the right experience and knowledge. Tomorrow the last part will be done, and the pain of the last root-extraction is diminishing. I have not chosen for a solution which look if I have the teeth of a thirty something, but to have teeth which reflect (more or) only a bit less of my age.

I feel ready to grow older now, perfect in shape to grind the food to the level to digest properly. Looking healthy (what I am) when I open my mouth or when I go barefoot.
These personal things require some reflecting, research, money, effort and time, which you have plenty if you have learned to live in the sense of ERE. A better (ERE) solution would be, of course, to know very early in your life what (not) to eat, so that you teeth not suffer.