Generational Differences

Move along, nothing to see here!
jennypenny

Re: Generational Differences

Post by jennypenny »

Here's the replay of the Howe webcast. It was pretty good ... some financial and demographic stuff, some political commentary, some sympathy for recessive GenX. :lol:

Laura Ingalls

Post by Laura Ingalls »

It’s the beginning of caucus season in my neck of the woods. DH geeks out on this stuff and goes to anybody who shows up. I went with him last weekend to a campaign event. The candidate talked about this issues of Boomer and Millennial voters and never mentioned Xer’s despite being Gen X. Drove home that Gen X does not have the clout of either of the generations around them.

jennypenny

Post by jennypenny »

ertyu

Post by ertyu »

non-muricans, do you find this stuff applies? what big events impacted generational groups in your country and how did this make generations different?

jennypenny

Post by jennypenny »

Neil Howe was on Peak Prosperity recently.* I wasn't expecting much but it was pretty interesting to hear Howe's take on the pandemic and how different generations handle it. Martenson was also more restrained than usual and let Howe riff uninterrupted.

* youtube link for those who wish to fast forward through life

jennypenny

Post by jennypenny »

Howe was on McAlveney's commentary recently if anyone is interested in Howe's current thoughts. The second half gets to the red meat like the likelihood of civil war, China, and other fun topics.