Aspergers

Move along, nothing to see here!
Colibri

Re: Aspergers

Post by Colibri »

They say when you meet an aspie, you met one, that's it.
It is a spectrum so anything can be possible althought when you meet a few of them you better understand what it means to be on the spectrum.

A close friend of mine is definitely on the spectrum. His speech pattern is of a robot, very little voice tone variation no matter what he is talking about ( sad or happy). Socially inept, no hello or please when asking for a movie ticket. He barely knows how to order a burger without sounding rude. He left me behind more than once on hiking trails. But yet he is very sweet and quite caring in a way that is hard to describe. He is smart. Very handsome and attractive but only had one girlfriend 25 years ago. He once said " I don't think I am capable of love, I am kind of development delayed in that area". If he really likes you he gives you big bear hugs. He works very well with First Nation population as they tend to show much less emotion than whites.

I also had two male co-workers on the spectrum, both talking like robots and socially inept but they both had social butterfly wives. That could help I guess.