what's your MAIN motivation for deciding to ERE?

Move along, nothing to see here!
7Wannabe5

Re: what's your MAIN motivation for deciding to ERE?

Post by 7Wannabe5 »

@Alphaville:

Lol-Unfortunately, my immediate thought was that my ex-husband could be very realistically photoshopped into that scene.

Alphaville

Post by Alphaville »

7Wannabe5 wrote:
Wed May 27, 2020 1:15 pm
@Alphaville:

Lol-Unfortunately, my immediate thought was that my ex-husband could be very realistically photoshopped into that scene.
hahaha!

does that look like the 3 phd equivalents before you upgraded to the woodsman? :D

CS

Post by CS »

Pretty much with Jacob on this one. Even with the occasional pleasure of some jobs, the unending rigidity of the time requirements turns them into prisons.

7Wannabe5

Post by 7Wannabe5 »

@Alphaville:

No way I could provide enough empathetic listening or pick up the bar tab for 3 men of that type at the same time, even though also likely the type most skilled at providing high quality cunnilingus*while maintaining attractive edgy masculine behavior. Ergo, only likely that I would keep one in my circle.

* I almost didn’t type this word due to Jacob’s concern about potential young readers of forum, but Robert Kegan recommends encouraging adolescents towards experimenting with non-penetrative sexual activities, because safer and just as pleasurable.

jennypenny

Post by jennypenny »

So I won't get swept up in the tide.

7Wannabe5

Post by 7Wannabe5 »

I was hoping the cool math would motivate me towards keeping more money in roll/stash, rather than relying on my wits/good-humor. Unfortunately, this has not worked very well thus far, but I have learned a lot of other cool stuff like climate change science and anti-fragility and gained some more flexibility in expense reduction (like 12 different fun ways to live on $10,000/year vs only 5.)

Alphaville

Post by Alphaville »

7Wannabe5 wrote:
Thu May 28, 2020 9:16 am
@Alphaville:

No way I could provide enough empathetic listening or pick up the bar tab for 3 men of that type at the same time, even though also likely the type most skilled at providing high quality cunnilingus*while maintaining attractive edgy masculine behavior. Ergo, only likely that I would keep one in my circle.

* I almost didn’t type this word due to Jacob’s concern about potential young readers of forum, but Robert Kegan recommends encouraging adolescents towards experimenting with non-penetrative sexual activities, because safer and just as pleasurable.
HAAHAHAHAA! this is my favorite post on this board so far.

not sure if you’ve seen the movie, which is hilarious, and i recommend highly, but it the characters definitely fit the description.

7Wannabe5

Post by 7Wannabe5 »

@Alphaville:

I haven’t seen the movie. Will add to my list.