Doom, Gloom? Come on sing along

Move along, nothing to see here!
J_

Post by J_ »

Serious food storing, negative Interest, what is happening?

Is it the coming election? Is it the loss of economic direction? Is it fear for future?
Of course is it wise to take precautions and have something in reserve, food water money.

But let not the feeling overwelme you.

After years of rising, even after years of leveling out, or after declining there are again those three possibilities.

ERE is making you ready for all of them, but be never be afraid of the future. It spoils your future!

jacob
Site Admin
Location: USA, Zone 5b, Koppen Dfa, Elev. 620ft, Walkscore 77

Post by jacob »

It's the zombie apocalypse! :)

OurLifeInc.

Post by OurLifeInc. »

The Zombie Apocolypse is the least of my worries!! I can deal with zombies...I just can't deal with negative returns...haha.

lilacorchid

Post by lilacorchid »

The best thing to do is panic.
Optional (though amusing): Wave hands in air, run in circles screaming.

ddrem

Post by ddrem »

Cute. But if there is a disaster (natural or man-made) and most aren't prepared, none of us will be laughing. Ask those who lived through Katrina how quickly everything can change. When the infrastructure becomes overwhelmed, you're on your own. And if you don't want to be part of the problem, you need to ensure that you won't be a drain on the system.
If more of the people here are asking "what ifs" concerning their finances, food stores, etc., that's a net positive for our society. If they develop contingency plans, they will be that much further ahead in the event that whatever scenario they're imagining does occur. And if enough people take action to prepare for the worst, we all stand a much better chance of handling whatever is thrown at us. I only wish more people were asking these questions instead of counting on a 6% annual return in perpetuity, thinking high levels of inflation will never reappear, and assuming interest rates will remain at these historically low levels forever.