Are Flickr photos anonymous?

Move along, nothing to see here!
UK-with-kids

Are Flickr photos anonymous?

Post by UK-with-kids »

I noticed a few posters are using Flickr photos on here which is something that I want to do. I found you can dig out the direct image URL from the 'Embed' option on a photo on Flickr, which seems to work fine as long as you reduce the size. But being paranoid :roll: , I just wanted to check if the photo is going to link back to me personally or to my other photos. Does anybody know about this? :geek:

C40

Re: Are Flickr photos anonymous?

Post by C40 »

Use Imgur for anonymity when posting pictures online. You don't need an account or anything.

Flickr is junk these days anyway.

UK-with-kids

Post by UK-with-kids »

C40 wrote:
Wed Jul 22, 2020 1:52 am
Use Imgur for anonymity when posting pictures online. You don't need an account or anything.

Flickr is junk these days anyway.
Thanks, I'm trying Imgur out on a thread I just started. If anybody else is using Flickr successfully and knows it's anonymous, please let me know!

Sclass

Post by Sclass »

Hey good question. I try to strip off the link on the photo that allows the casual viewer to go back and see my album. Mostly because you’ll see my other boring public images that are merely a distraction.

How hard is someone willing to try to get a view of this for instance.

My feeling is with anything there is always a way. Certainly somebody knows how to decode this link. But why?

https://live.staticflickr.com/2429/3535 ... 9ee771.jpg

Probably rather than decoding you can do a search for similar images and find my album. Come to think of it maybe I should just turn the whole thing upside down and post the link to my public album because it may generate some conversation over common interests.

UK-with-kids

Post by UK-with-kids »

Sclass wrote:
Wed Jul 22, 2020 8:26 am
Come to think of it maybe I should just turn the whole thing upside down and post the link to my public album because it may generate some conversation over common interests.
Self-doxxing? :lol:

Scott 2

Post by Scott 2 »

It's trivial:

Never assume you are anonymous on the internet. Privacy comes in degrees. Flickr isn't a great starting point.

Sclass

Post by Sclass »

Wow. Had a feeling it was possible.

catpepper

Post by catpepper »

I don't think they are as the photos uploaded, the folder that they are kept in has your username in it.