Is anyone aware of promising investment options in the food industry

Ask your investment, budget, and other money related questions here
Michael_00005

Is anyone aware of promising investment options in the food industry

Post by Michael_00005 »

I was reading through below article, and was noticing the rapid trend in PB diet (600% increase in the last couple years) and was getting inspired to find more ways to invest in the growing movement. Is anyone aware of promising investment options for the quickly growing plant based diet movement?

https://foodrevolution.org/blog/vegan-s ... cs-global/

I've got some invested in TOFB, where it appears they hired an M&A consultant. But most of the hot companies I've come across are all private.

FBeyer

Re: Is anyone aware of promising investment options in the food industry

Post by FBeyer »

I have all sorts of reasons to support the notion, I'm working at a startup trying to large scale produce high quality greens after all, but going from 100 vegans to 600 vegans over a few years is ALSO a 600% rise.

From a data analysis point of view, the interesting thing is the number of PB dieters that number converges towards. World's number of smokers is still rising. The number of obese is also still rising. That the west is turning towards an 'asian' diet is absolutely no match for Asia turning towards a western diet.

Michael_00005

Re: Is anyone aware of promising investment options in the food industry

Post by Michael_00005 »

That sounds like an interesting field you're in, hydroponics maybe? Seems like it could be an enjoyable field to work in?

The article stated the US vegan population was 1%, a few years back and and it grew 600%. Which comes to roughly 19.5 Million people in the US (total pop. of 325 Million). Personally that sounds a little high, but maybe its more true for the younger generation, or places like CA where people are into health, environment and staying thin / fit.

Regarding Asia, per the article:
"Plant-based diets are growing across Asia. New dietary guidelines released by the Chinese government encourage the nation’s 1.3 billion people to reduce their meat consumption by 50%. Research predicts that China’s vegan market will grow more than 17% between 2015 and 2020. And in Hong Kong, 22% of the population reports practicing some form of a plant-based diet." Also it's not uncommon to hear a stories like a prince of Saudi Arabia buying "How Not To Die", by Dr. Greger. Intelleget people from around the world do their research, this movement is not limited to Western countries.

I'd love to invest in a well run, plant based (PB), fast food restaurant. People connected to the PB movement are fiercely loyal and self advertise through social media. Look at all the big names throwing money into these startups (some mentioned in the article), but for whatever reason they are almost always private.

They say once the trend hits around 13% of the population it goes main stream and then everyone becomes aware of the movement. It's probable we will be there in a few years. https://www.google.com/search?q=early+a ... KOWC6VhmM: