sugar daddies/sugar mammas

Ask your investment, budget, and other money related questions here
thrifty++

Re: sugar daddies/sugar mammas

Post by thrifty++ »

@7w5 I think we are cosmic twins in separate bodies.
It sounds like we are dating the same men.

I think the ERE thing actually sends funny signals to people. I am regularly mistaken by them as being poor because of my frugal habits. I have seen a building contractor on and off since I was 21. I worked for him in the university holidays one year. He gave me various wads of cash when I had financial crises during university. Thats the thing I never ask for cash now because I dont need it so it seems bizarre to ask and then plug it into more investments. I only receive actual money these days when it is unsolicited. I can only get away with lying about my age so much to him because I have seen him for 14 years so I think when he asked I said 32 or something like that. Its funny because of my frugal habits he forgets my age and what I do for work and says things like how is university going? Have you finished all your papers yet? I was talking to him about how I hated the couch in the living room when we were sitting on it and that I sat on an amazing couch in a store nearby but didnt buy it because it cost $2k. Next thing you know he turns up at my place with the couch! He still sees me as the penniless young man needing to be looked after.

Lemon

Post by Lemon »

Thank you for sharing Thrifty.

I share you lamentation that so many seem hung up on age in the gay world. Not that I have experienced any of these issues myself where I get estimated about my actual age or slightly younger and only having just passed the dreaded 25 years mark. I don't quite get it myself having never been bothered about it. I say that as someone with a younger partner which more freaks be out as he is a couple of months younger than my brother :?

It is easy for me to say but why continue to lie about age, at least with anyone potentially new? It just seems to me to be something that can then present issues down the line.

Maybe this is naive but if it bothers you can't you dye grey hairs?
thrifty++ wrote:
Wed Nov 08, 2017 2:58 pm
It doesnt actually even advance me in a wealth sense. Its all just trinkets. I would actually be far better off to find a partner like me and build wealth together. And probably a far healthier more stable relationship. But to be honest it has never been about accumulating wealth. Its just that I like being spoiled. There is a romance to it.
This is almost certainly true.

@7wb5 ha not not a rude phrase and apt in this situation, at least form where I am standing!
Last edited by Lemon on Thu Nov 09, 2017 2:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

thrifty++

Post by thrifty++ »

@Crazylemon - sounds like your head is well screwed on.

Yeah its hard for me to stop lying about age. I did so to my last partner and then revealed my lie to him about 8 months later. He just started laughing about it and then said he actually felt better about it as he was feeling insecure about the age disparity. I guess my concern is that if I reveal my real age there will be less interest. Or if there is still interest that I will cease to be spoiled and the romance will be dead for me and I will be bored. But I think I need probably come to grips with the fact I am too old for this now and need to move on from it somehow. This is not an uncommon thing in the gay world though. You only need to go to an online dating app or platform to realise that at least half the people have discounted their age by a huge margin or have ceased to state any age. You get to notice the ubiquitous 27, 28 and 29's.

In terms of dying hair I have thought about it but I have a short back and sides hairstyle which would mean regularly dying it. Which would suck. It could also look really stupid if the hair dye is not close enough to my natural colour and when lots of grey starts to come up in the roots. It is not really noticeable at this point in any event - yet. But I was thinking maybe of spot dying. Donnt know how that works. Might have to look into it. I have noticed lots of young guys with graying hair though, like 27/28. I actually think grey hair can look pretty cool so I guess its not all bad. Professionally it would be of great benefit work wise.

The Old Man

Post by The Old Man »

thrifty++ wrote:
Wed Nov 08, 2017 2:58 pm
Its just that I like being spoiled. There is a romance to it. Call it "daddy issues" and I would probably agree.
You are 35 and you still like being spoiled? You should seek therapy. If you don't want to pay for it, you can request one of your older richer boyfriends to pay for it.

7Wannabe5

Post by 7Wannabe5 »

@thrifty++:

It does sound like we attract similar types, and I know just what you mean by your use of the word "spoiled." It's not really about the money. It's just like when a guy gives you his jacket to wear because it's chilly or fixes your bicycle. You don't think an egalitarian relationship between two people with twin attributes would feel as romantic because you wouldn't have as many "gifts' to offer each other, because it would be a neutral benefit of trade situation.

tradfgh

Post by tradfgh »

If your young, just go marry a filipina in a nursing school, wait for her to graduate, and then move to usa...

You may have to support her for 1-2 years, but as long as she gets her RN license approved in USA, she will pay back huge dividends!

James_0011

Post by James_0011 »

lol @ RNs making huge amounts of money