Potato Standard Currency

Ask your investment, budget, and other money related questions here
7Wannabe5

Re: Potato Standard Currency

Post by 7Wannabe5 »

Special edition currency I grew just for trade with the Martians.

The unfortunate thing about reliance on a potato-based economic system is that it requires a certain amount of manual labor as input, and the only manual laborer regularly to be found upon my domain is a 51 year old female who foolishly hauled wood-chips past her point of exhaustion and thereby caused her lower back to seize up. Then she was forced to suffer the indignity of finding herself installed in a comfortable king-sized bed in an air-conditioned hotel suite watching multiple episodes of "Homestead Rescue" with an individual inclined towards over-feeding her on restaurant food and saying charming things such as "Your feet are dirty and you smell like a baby who spilled applesauce on her shirt."

Still, I persevere. I purchased a deep heavy-bottomed stainless steel, glass-lidded stock pot which likely required well over 525 potato-energy-units to produce for only 216 potato-dollar-exchange units. Therefore, my economy is now adequately re-tooled to diversify from wood-chip hauling to the pickling of our bumper crop of eggplant (AKA aubergine to the Martians) which our labor force may be able to accomplish given minor input of ibuprofen from more advanced society. One quart jar of pickled eggplant will trade for approximately 24 potatoes with glass jar and lid to be returned for 20 potato deposit.

fiby41

Post by fiby41 »

7Wannabe5 wrote:
Tue Aug 30, 2016 4:47 pm
Unfortunately, the pulses convert solar energy into human digestible calories at the level of only around 40 calories per square ft.
Doesn't matter, atleast they have their own taste. Plain potatoes are just bland. Source: haven't cooked a vegetable since January end, living on lentil rice.

Salathor

Post by Salathor »

I have long enjoyed fantasizing about retirement income in kokus of rice that it could provide. It feels good to know that we could buy, say, 105 kokus of rice per year if we quit working immediately.