Brexit

Ask your investment, budget, and other money related questions here
vexed87

Re: Brexit

Post by vexed87 »

No it's more about abandoning the paradigm of growth at any cost, social, economic or environmental. EU in its present form is part of the problem, and not the solution.

Bankai

Post by Bankai »

Have anyone started prepping yet?

What about stockpiling food?

And currency hedging? Chances are £ will nose-dive (and the stock market will go up as a result) if no deal.

jennypenny

Post by jennypenny »

For those who haven't seen it yet (it's short but funny): Burger King Brexit

chenda

Post by chenda »

@Bankai - yes I started to build up surplus before the last Brexit day(s!) although I've slacken off after the 6 month extension.

The bottom line is the we can't Brexit and the whole project has collapsed under the weight of its own contradictions and delusions.

Jason

Post by Jason »

I know very little about Brexit except that I bought the initial stock market dip as I figured Downton Abbey would have a greater impact on the world economy than England leaving the European Union and the most intelligent English person I ever met who happened to be the most intelligent person I ever met period was pro-Brexit. But damn, what a cluster. I can only imagine the permutations of "Brexit May or May Not Happen" headlines the country has had to suffer through.

radamfi

Post by radamfi »

Jason wrote:
Fri May 24, 2019 8:20 am
England leaving the European Union
Does that mean Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland aren't leaving the EU?

Jason

Post by Jason »

I really don't want to address this because I know so little, but in the initial vote, Wales voted to leave but Scotland, NI to stay. The biggest consensus was Scotland wanting to stay. But I have so little understanding of this, you would need to verify. It's interesting but I haven't had the time to fully grasp. And now that Theresa May has resigned, I have no idea where its headed. There seem to be some English people here.

tonyedgecombe

Post by tonyedgecombe »

radamfi wrote:
Mon May 27, 2019 4:08 pm
Does that mean Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland aren't leaving the EU?
No, it doesn’t mean that. At the moment the UK as a whole is leaving the EU later in the year. Although it’s likely that will be extended again once we have a new Prime minister.