Combines "Yard Sale" / central ebay-er/Amazon-er

Ask your investment, budget, and other money related questions here
Q

Post by Q »

Is anyone interested in becoming a point person for selling all us ERE peoples stuff?
Couldn't this help product move faster? I forget what these companies charge that do this...
I live in the bay area, CA.

Night Runner

Post by Night Runner »

The logistics wouldn't work out: you'd have to pay to ship stuff to that person, s/he would charge overhead for their time (unless s/he has no life and does it all for free), items can get damaged during shipping, the designated seller could be a crook, etc...

jacob
Site Admin
Location: USA, Zone 5b, Koppen Dfa, Elev. 620ft, Walkscore 77

Post by jacob »

There are ebay storefront resellers. They charge a [hefty] fee, but you just bring your stuff to them and they'll list it and ship it for you.
You can also ship your stuff to amazon and have them store and process it from their warehouse. It will cost a monthly storage fee.
It's not unheard of that you can enlist friends, neighbors, or family to yardsell your stuff though.

Q

Post by Q »

@Jacob - Yep, I am trying to say that someone in our area be the main Seller. Then they charge a not so hefty fee.
Since it would be local, there is no need to ship. I would drop it off. Also, I don't pay for gas, so if someone in the Bay Area was willing, I could also be willing to be the driver per se for everyone else...

Q

Post by Q »

No takers yet on being the master trader?