Bubble?

Ask your investment, budget, and other money related questions here
workathome

Re: Bubble?

Post by workathome »

No, I haven't been following Hussman. The recent post which jennypenny linked to was very interesting though, thank you!

workathome

Post by workathome »

Now that the market is at all-time highs, time to jump aboard.

http://money.cnn.com/2013/10/31/investi ... ks-inflow/

Orchid Islander

Post by Orchid Islander »

Hi, I have a question that is probably really naive, but I read the Hussman article that jennypenny posted (thanks!) and I'm curious about what you all are going to do about this with your own personal portfolios. With the prediction of another stock market cliff, do you prepare yourself mentally and sit tight? Do you sell and do something else with the money (and if so, what)? Do you try to get things more prepared in your portfolio for a down turn? Thanks for anything you're willing to share about this. I'm trying to learn how people navigate this well.

brighteye

Post by brighteye »

The Hussman post is fascinating! Thank you very much, jennypenny for the link resp. jacob for bringing it into the discussion.

susswein

Post by susswein »

Orchid Islander wrote:Hi, I have a question that is probably really naive, but I read the Hussman article that jennypenny posted (thanks!) and I'm curious about what you all are going to do about this with your own personal portfolios. With the prediction of another stock market cliff, do you prepare yourself mentally and sit tight? Do you sell and do something else with the money (and if so, what)? Do you try to get things more prepared in your portfolio for a down turn? Thanks for anything you're willing to share about this. I'm trying to learn how people navigate this well.
In my case I just sold off a bunch of stock today and am now about 50% cash. The stock I kept is mostly long term holds and dividend growth plays. I'm not trying to call the top, but I expect to see a pullback (of some sort, not necessarily a bubble popping) within the next 6 months.

fips

Post by fips »

I am late for the bubble party, but the Hussman article does sound convincing.
However, if he knew how this stuff works all along, why is his performance not superior, I wonder ...

Chad

Post by Chad »

Chad

Post by Chad »

Nice concise listing of bubble characteristics:

http://www.thestreet.com/story/12104017 ... bbles.html

We aren't currently checking off many of these boxes.

Douglas

Post by Douglas »

I was searching for "Howard Marks" and stumbled on this old thread. Any updates from the original posters? 5 years later certainly a lot has happened.

Our current asset allocation is in below picture, after tax is looking pretty conservative similar to the reasons outlined above.

DutchGirl

Post by DutchGirl »

Funny to see a five-year-old article. And to know now that in those five years, total return has been 60%, average return per year 10% . Shame if someone missed out on that.

Jean

Post by Jean »

I was about to buy stocks at this time, and i got an opportunity to buy a house. I don't regret my choice. Because i would probably feel inconfortable owning stocks now.