ERE journey for single man in Singapore

Ask your investment, budget, and other money related questions here
directionseeker

Re: ERE journey for single man in Singapore

Post by directionseeker »

Is the job market good for IT careers?
- I find it difficult to answer your question here because I don't know anything about you(since we only chatting on a forum which talking about early retirement). Are you professionally working as Programmer? Technical Support? Technical Consultant? Solution Consultant? Sales Support? Software Sales? Hardware Sales? Project Manager? As you can see the possibility is countless in IT industry, so it really depends on your expertise.
- Generally I would say that the IT job market here is pretty alive, if you hit a search button into the local job site you can find a lot of different IT job looking for talent to fulfill.
- In my opinion, you will be easier to get a job here if you already have some connections or you have done some project before here.

conwy

Post by conwy »

Just read this whole thread and wanted to say WELL DONE to Mr Direction Seeker, or perhaps I should call you Direction Finder now. :)

Good luck and hope you keep going with it!

Btw, curious to know more about your online business, if you care to share...?

wolf

Post by wolf »

I have done IT consulting, development and lately project management. But I have no connections, as you mentioned. Either it is possible to work as an Expat for my IT company (global and big) or I have to be lucky and try to apply at one directly in Singapore. Working and living as an Expat in Singapore would be an experience in my life, which I hopefully won't regret. So this is one of many options for the future. Do you plan to stay in Singapore or do you want to settle down somewhere else in the future? And thank you for your answers regarding the Singapore IT job market!