Heard elsewhere

Ask your investment, budget, and other money related questions here
nomadscientist

Heard elsewhere

Post by nomadscientist »

“[The 4% rule means t]heoretically, my investments will increase 7%/year on average and inflation will be 3% per year/average That means, theoretically, I can pull out 4% and the principle will not dwindle. Projected passive income is just that 4% rule.

After [she] saved $700,000, she decided that this nest egg was enough to retire off of based on the 4% rule, equating to around $28,000 yearly spending. She put the majority of her savings into Vanguard Total Stock Market Index Fund (VTSAX) which is a pretty safe index fund [ :o emphasis added!] that pays out dividends. So theoretically, her investment should give her the $28,000 each year that she needs without dipping into her $700,000 principle.
This is not quite shoe shine boy giving me stock tips, but it isn't that far off it.

jacob
Site Admin
Location: USA, Zone 5b, Koppen Dfa, Elev. 620ft, Walkscore 77

Re: Heard elsewhere

Post by jacob »

Stahlmann

Post by Stahlmann »

rich people who stays on shoulders of giants (living in 1st world countries of imperialist economies) discovering "reniter capitalism" vol. 321424

however, it reminds my jacob psot on if you're capable of financial modelling and use this in NGOs, not in private sector, it means you aren't smart :lol:

also, I today I checked book on autism and some notes struck me.

Dream of Freedom

Post by Dream of Freedom »

The 4% rule is a handy rule of thumb but they seem a little too confident in it.