how and when we out of this lock-down situation

Ask your investment, budget, and other money related questions here
Michael_00005

how and when we out of this lock-down situation

Post by Michael_00005 »

This whipsaw market has been a very interesting ride. One of my greatest weakness in the markets has been to get in too early on the way down, and then out too early on the way back up. So the current market movements really makes for a great study, and practice. Rather than waiting an entire year for the markets to move as they do, you might see the same thing in a single day or week.

If it were not for the US fiscal stimulus it's likely the US markets would be getting crushed right now. Both stimulus packages created a very nice week long bull run (selling). Then reality sets in and we are going back down, and this seems to last for at least a week (buying), or until more good news arrives.

Is anyone else out there playing the big swings in the market? And if so, how is it working out, what are you looking at? A couple of my smaller portfolios have done very well over the past month.

Also it would be interesting to hear what others think in regards to how and when we move out of this lock-down situation.

Lucky C

Re: how and when we out of this lock-down situation

Post by Lucky C »

Don't expect big weekly moves in the stock market to relate to changes in lockdown/stay home orders. You're asking two very different things and the thread should focus on one or the other. Which do you want to learn about?

1. How do I learn swing trading?

2. When will the economy open back up and how will that play out?