Turo and Getaround

Ask your investment, budget, and other money related questions here
brookline

Turo and Getaround

Post by brookline »

Hi,
Would any Getaround and Turo users be willing to share their experiences with renting cars through these services?

FRx

Re: Turo and Getaround

Post by FRx »

I have rented cars out on Turo - not sure if you're asking about being a carlord or a lessee. I had Smart Car and a Toyota Corolla which I would rent out on Turo. The experiences were pleasant and people took good care of the car. They would reserve the car and I'd usually meet them somewhere or had them come by my place to pick up the keys from me. They would then drop the car off with me when done.

brookline

Post by brookline »

Hi Frx.
Thanks for responding. I'm interested in hearing about lessee/renter experiences.

Frugalchicos

Post by Frugalchicos »

I used Turo in Vegas and it was great. The car was pretty dirty in the inside and the owner's communication sucked... but the car worked perfect for what I needed and it was much cheaper that conventional rental cars.

SavingWithBabies

Post by SavingWithBabies »

I've only used GetAround in SF Bay Area. I used it about 6-8 times. First time was an older sedan and we rented that one a couple of times. One time was a mini van to move some furniture. Another time was to drive to a job interview. Then a pickup truck for more moving. Only bad experience was a Prius that we picked up a gas station (they had a parking spot for it there). It later had some kind of rear end damage (looked like maybe a 2" x 2" hole through the rear hatch in a metal area) that we couldn't prove we didn't do it. So we thought we might be on the hook for $700 damage fee. Thankfully, they figured out who was responsible (or at least they didn't come back to us for the money, they had a sent a date range they knew/though the damage was in which was a couple of days). After that experience, I did a walk around on video before and after and tried to note any damage more carefully.