Raw, whole-food, plant-based diet?

Health, Fitness, Food, Insurance, Longevity, Diets,...
steveo73

Re: Raw, whole-food, plant-based diet?

Post by steveo73 »

One thing that this thread really stresses to me is that going on fad diets such as the carnivore diet or a raw whole food plant based diet is really a poor approach for human beings. Try to eat unprocessed foods that are mostly plant based and don't make it a diet to lose weight but a way of life to live a healthy long life if you are blessed to live a long life.

Fruits, beans, vegetables, whole grains, nuts and seeds should be the basis of your diet. If you want to eat some meat or some junk food or whatever after that do it. Don't eat a lot of meat unless you want to get cardiovascular diseases and don't think it won't happen to you. These high meat diets combined with lots of exercise and weights means you sometimes look healthy and than have heart attacks or strokes or even if the damage is caught early you may end up having blocked arteries and having to have stents or whatever put in. It's extremely dangerous for your long term health.

monkeymanwasd123

Post by monkeymanwasd123 »

@Steveo73 While there may be some Merit to eating seeds I can't see it being healthy to eat them everyday. With regards to cherry picking I could be considered guilty of that if I only support studies that completely eliminate the other group of foods. Vegan or carnivore, anything in between is too wishy-washy. Technically a million years will be plenty of time to convert humans to Pure carnivores, hell if you want by that time you can make humans into Giants with our level technology and such. By weight do you mean muscle? Lately I've been checking out a guy who is saying that having too much fats inside of your chest and the like is bad for you while external fat isn't. Considering my dad lost 30 some pounds in under a month on a basic keto diet, it makes me curious about those studies. Because you seem to enjoy insulting so much I'm more inclined to explain why I don't I think your studies are worthwhile one at a time. And On a related note you've only heard about intermittent fasting I learned about that in my freshman year of high school, you might want to do some research on what qualifies as quality over quantity and re-examine the medicinal abilities of plants and The Duality of that that makes them terrible poisons. Much love bro
Last edited by monkeymanwasd123 on Wed Feb 12, 2020 3:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

monkeymanwasd123

@steveo73

Congratulations the first thing of your mouth is an insult. Folks on the carnivore diet don't need to poop as often as you because meat is so easily absorbed that there isn't a worthwhile amount to defecate unless you're eating a larger amount. Fiber makes you poop more often and at the same time increases the frequency of constipation serious or not. At least with the carnivore diet you don't have to worry about a blockage of fiber that requires surgery. We've seen different studies, I think I'll be fine while you think I should save up for an early grave. Rather than continuing to insult me could you explain why pooping more often is better for you then pooping once per day or once every two days? One of my hobbies is talking to vegans, so I hardly think I'm in a echo chamber though they do post a lot of research and studies in the carnivore community. Would you mind being a tad more respectful if it weren't for you accidentally making a joke I might have forgotten about this conversation for a few months by going to bed and reviewing my previous conversations.
Last edited by monkeymanwasd123 on Wed Feb 12, 2020 3:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

monkeymanwasd123

It's actually kind of funny to me that it stresses you as I see it from a mechanical perspective where each of the diets has their own Merit, I just prefer the carnivore diet as the Keystone. Working out certainly does wonders for cardiovascular health have you heard about how working out increases artery and vein size? It's a new topic for me so if you have I'd like to hear more about it.

jacob
Site Admin
Location: USA, Zone 5b, Koppen Dfa, Elev. 620ft, Walkscore 77

Post by jacob »

Rule reminder:

2) DON'T USE THE QUOTE FUNCTION AS A REPLY BUTTON! Some people use phones or textreaders to keep up, so please don't abuse the quote function. Don't quote the entire post you're responding to. Because if you do, people have to scroll through all that only to learn that you're just responding to the post above :( IF you're responding to the entire post (which is the case in most cases), just start your post with @theirusername. Then respond. Only use the quote function when/if responding to specific paragraphs or sentences and edit everything else out.

monkeymanwasd123

@jacob sir, yes sir. :shock: :?