The 10000 kettlebell swing challenge.

Health, Fitness, Food, Insurance, Longevity, Diets,...
BRUTE

Re: The 10000 kettlebell swing challenge.

Post by BRUTE »

lol Jacob played FPS without a mouse? no wonder he never got to E1M1. wasd + high sense master race!

BRUTE

Post by BRUTE »

IlliniDave wrote:
Dragline wrote:I didn't need 10000 in a month to get there either. A few hundred per day for a couple months did the trick. ...
A few hundred per day sounds about the same, or more than, 10,000 per month! A few hundred of anything per day is a helluva lot!
30 * 100 is 3000. so it could be 1/3 of the volume if one has a liberal interpretation of "few hundred".

Dragline

Post by Dragline »

BRUTE wrote:
IlliniDave wrote:
Dragline wrote:I didn't need 10000 in a month to get there either. A few hundred per day for a couple months did the trick. ...
A few hundred per day sounds about the same, or more than, 10,000 per month! A few hundred of anything per day is a helluva lot!
30 * 100 is 3000. so it could be 1/3 of the volume if one has a liberal interpretation of "few hundred".
Hmmm -- I should have said "a couple hundred a day for a few months", but malapropped myself (again). My point was simply that doing too much of a repetitive exercise for someone over age 50 is probably not a good idea, and maybe not for most people under age 50 either.

jacob
Site Admin
Location: USA, Zone 5b, Koppen Dfa, Elev. 620ft, Walkscore 77

Post by jacob »

@brute - Well, I eventually did master QII at the hardest level against the computer but the introduction of mouse aiming was pretty much the end of chivalry. People who use rodent accessories for gaming have no honour much like people who still click on menus in spreadsheets, prefer vi as an editor, or say noob words like "visual studio" or "instantiation". Of course, using Thrustmaster HOTAS are perfectly legit to fly your enemies into the ground because that's an entirely different matter. Too bad Thrustmaster's current offerings are a pale shadow of what was profitable in the 1990s.

BRUTE

Post by BRUTE »

jacob wrote:prefer vi as an editor
there are other editors?

jacob
Site Admin

Post by jacob »

@brute - Yeah, during a brief period between vi, where people still typed with both index fingers, and smartphones, where people switched to typing with both thumbs, many people pursued the novel concept of trying to type with all the 10 fingers of human hands. While most humans failed to max out their digital potential or switch to DVORAK, many humans still made an earnest attempt at going beyond two digit typing. That brief era will eventually become known as the peak of the information age in terms of signal/noise ratio. It will be missed and ignored as such peaks tend to be.

BRUTE

Post by BRUTE »

brute commiserates. he thinks mobile phones and especially UIs are a step back in civilization.

btw, DVORAK is overrated. brute of course uses Colemak, which wasn't invented in 1936 for typewriters.

jacob
Site Admin

Post by jacob »

Oh! And also Oi! as well! :shock:

At this point, jacob expects brutes to go extinct before the year 2100 or any investment horizon that is reasonably covered by firecalc.com, because Colemak seems to favour the development of middle and index finger strength which are certainly not the strong fingers for the choice of club, mace, and/nor even sword wielding (ring and pinkie fingers) that any brute or brutish warrior should value to wield or even hang onto their choice weapons in order to stay in evolutionary contention trying to one-up Genghis Kahn. Surely every brute knows that gloves or lanyards are for losers. While others of even lesser regard might prefer to choose guns, bows, and similar cowardly weapons of distance, such are surely not chosen by brute himself nor by his honourable compatriots! Because of the choice of Colemak typing, jacob expects brute+fellow brutes to be extinct inside of one or two generations. Too bad, really. However. Looking forward to the next and final 50ish years of fun forum exchanges... after which double-thumb qwerty---if that concept even makes sense compared to random arrangement---will probably win the DNA game. Dawkins will be proud or banging his head against the wall. Probably the same thing really.

BRUTE

Post by BRUTE »

to be honest, brute has no f*%^&*ng clue what jacob's trying to say ;) is there still a competition of who's the greater nerd?

FBeyer

Post by FBeyer »

Jacob found out he had no more ammo and resorted to Renaissance man ideals to undermine your credentials.

Also: screw vi. If I ever make a .txt file a :wq sneaks its way in there somehow.

Also also: I've been using vim for two years now... Mostly because I don't know how to exit the editor :lol: