Fasting Can Regenerate Your Immune System

Health, Fitness, Insurance, ...
jennypenny

Re: Fasting Can Regenerate Your Immune System

Post by jennypenny » Wed Aug 29, 2018 10:58 am

@ID--Any particular kind you use? I have to pick up fish oil today so I think I'm going to grab some while I'm there. I don't have cholesterol issues so I'm not worried about that part. I have horrible chronic anemia, so I'm more interested in how it affects glucose levels.

IlliniDave

Post by IlliniDave » Wed Aug 29, 2018 11:57 am

Well, it's still a fairly new thing and I'm still on my first bottle. I think the brand I bought is "Clean MCT". What I'm particular about is that it is 100% C8 caprylic acid, not what the brand is. It's not cheap. I think "normal" MCT has a blend of C8, C10, and C12 and is cheaper because it takes less effort to get from coconut oil (or palm). Mine is also liquid, but many people like powdered form for convenience.

I never check my glucose so haven't really looked into any of that directly. I've read theories about MCT (especially C8) helping with glucose regulation because they can get converted to ketones in the presence of insulin and actually cause a boost in insulin.

Hope it works for you.

jennypenny

Post by jennypenny » Wed Aug 29, 2018 3:57 pm

I found someone very helpful at my local shop and she helped me find the right kind of MCT. I want to add it to my afternoon smoothie when I have my fish oil, B supplements, and liquid multi. I wonder if this would react with that? We'll see, I guess.

Thanks for the help.

BRUTE

Post by BRUTE » Wed Aug 29, 2018 11:23 pm

jennypenny wrote:
Wed Aug 29, 2018 6:04 am
The MCT oil had a surprising positive effect on glucose. Does anyone use it? If so, how?
brute has used MCT oil in coffee extensively, though he currently doesn't (mostly out of laziness, cream is just easier). unsure about effects on blood glucose, but the hunger suppression effect is absurd - brute managed to get into "bad side effects from low calories" territory several times without feeling any hunger or appetite whatsoever by fasting and only consuming coffee with cream/MCT oil (probably around 200-400kcal/day for 5-10 days in a row). so it's kind of a massive hack, but to be wielded with care :-/ brute had to stop doing it because he would get sick. probably immune system not being up to speed without energy.