To anyone who's tried the Warrior Diet--what were your results?

Health, Fitness, Food, Insurance, Longevity, Diets,...
TopHatFox

To anyone who's tried the Warrior Diet--what were your results?

Post by TopHatFox »

If you've tried the warrior diet for months or years at a time, what has your experience been like?

For example, did you gain weight or lose weight to your body's ideal? Do you think this change was solely because of the change in the frequency of eating, or as a combination of that and the type of food you were eating, the amount you were eating, the amount or intensity of exercise undertaken, etc.?

----------------------------------

A nutritionist warned my mom that WD would cause her or my metabolism to slow, but I countered that that's unlikely, because usually the body engages calorie conservation mode when it doesn't know when it'll get its next meal, whereas in the WD, the body would eventually figure out that food comes in at a similar hour the next day, even if the waiting period is longer and the quantity is greater than a conventional 3 meal diet.

That same nutritionist also mentioned something along the line of: "Since the stomach has nothing to process for an extended amount of hours, it will continue processing as if it were consuming food, causing ulcers." In other words, the stomach will slowly process itself. Hm, sounds questionable.

7Wannabe5

Re: To anyone who's tried the Warrior Diet--what were your results?

Post by 7Wannabe5 »

What rubbish. Millions of people over millennia have fasted as part of their religious practice. Even going without water all day isn't that big of a deal. You learn that the sensation of dry mouth isn't a true signal of dehydration. It goes away after a while. My experience with the Warrior Diet, thus far, and other dietary fasts has been very similar to my experience with fasting for Ramadan. My caloric intake goes down because I am an early bird and therefore tend to fall asleep almost immediately after eating a late large meal, especially if I had a good deal of physical activity during the day. Night owls who fast during the day will often take in just as many calories as usual because they will also have later evening snacks, if allowed. Fasting tends to make me more physically hyper and mentally distracted than usual. So, I usually get caught up on my tedious housework, but behind on my tedious paperwork while fasting. I once helped do a major renovation over several weeks involving such tasks as ripping out filthy carpet in 90 plus degree heat while on no water Ramadan fast and suffered no ill effects and experienced great delight in that first slug of pomegranate juice, but even the thought of attempting to do my taxes while fasting...

vexed87

Post by vexed87 »

Can't say skipping a meal ever gave me an ulcer... :shock:

Sounds like this nutritionist needs to go back to... err nutritionist school?

fiby41

Post by fiby41 »

Zalo wrote: That same nutritionist also mentioned something along the line of: "Since the stomach has nothing to process for an extended amount of hours, it will continue processing as if it were consuming food, causing ulcers." In other words, the stomach will slowly process itself. Hm, sounds questionable.
This is possible when people are trapped without food or water in remote places for more than a few weeks.

The stomach produces a mucus membrane which has the sole purpose of preventing the hydrochloric acid content in the gastric acid from consuming/corroding the stomach walls. Food uses up this acid as consumed.

Jean

Post by Jean »

On the WD.
I lost a few kg.
I gained the ability to hike a full day at high pace without needing to eat.
I stoped experiencing extreme tiredness in the afternoon.
In addition, not buying crap food at the train station became much easier.
The only downside, is that I didn't knew anymore what to do during my lunch break.