Burpee competition

Health, Fitness, Insurance, ...
wood

Re: Burpee competition

Post by wood » Fri Nov 20, 2015 4:11 am

I see. Running and cycling can be very enjoyable although time consuming. Insanity-like programs tend to wear me out over time, so if its going to be a tough program it needs an element of fun/competition/teamwork to it (a thread like this does it for me to get the competition element:) I find boxing perfect for my needs and this test can very well be incorporated into my schedule.

Looking at some of the youtube videos of people posting their test it becomes clear that some of them are more concerned with getting high numbers than doing the exercises 100% right. My general piece of advise is to always focus on correct technique. This is true for running, boxing, strength, or any other workout. With enough practice you will become fast&furious anyway.

theanimal

Post by theanimal » Mon Nov 23, 2015 2:48 pm

I have been motivated for quite some time now by Jacob's posts to do another round of Insanity. I was all set to start about a month ago and then...I sprained my wrist ice skating. Well, enough time has passed and my wrist is almost completely healed, so today marked Day 1. Here are my results of my initial fit test.

Switch Kicks- 115 (1 kick is 1rep)
Power Jacks-60
Power Knees-102
Power Jumps-41
Globe Jumps- 11
Suicide Jumps- 17
Push Up Jacks- 36*
Low Plank Oblique- 41 (2 knees is 1 rep)

*Stopped early because of wrist

I'm coming for you Jacob. 8-)

theanimal

Post by theanimal » Fri Mar 24, 2017 9:56 am

Jason, you're next. :twisted:

JasonR

Post by JasonR » Tue Mar 28, 2017 8:30 am

Moving target: 34 no-reps per minute.
I still struggle to do them without a push up.
WR seems to be 47 so maybe I shouldn't be posting my numbers.

Idea: You could bring Zalo out to camp for his 6 week vacation and you two can combine your burpee numbers so its fair for all of us...I'll allow it. Now how do I make one of those things where the tongue sticks out? :P haHaa! Electronic emotion!