Not Buying Facewash Any More

Health, Fitness, Food, Insurance, Longevity, Diets,...
Gilberto de Piento

Not Buying Facewash Any More

Post by Gilberto de Piento »

I recently ran out of facewash and started using soap instead. I haven't noticed any problems from it. It seems to work just as well.

I'm now consuming a little more soap than I was before but I think it's probably a lot cheaper than facewash (especially since the last facewash I bought was Burt's Bees).

I use Dove soap which is supposed to be gentle. Some body soaps might be too harsh. I'm sure it depends on the person too.

GandK

Re: Not Buying Facewash Any More

Post by GandK »

41F with "combination" skin and I haven't used face wash of any kind for years. Scrubbing with a warm wet washcloth and splash-rinsing with warm water afterward is all the cleansing and exfoliation I need. Inexpensive moisturizer follows. I rarely wear makeup, and my skin looks great. I get compliments on it all the time.

enigmaT120

Post by enigmaT120 »

I never heard of facewash. I guess I won't bother checking it out. I wash my face (and the rest of my body) with the suds from shampooing my hair.

TopHatFox

Post by TopHatFox »

The ingredients in Dove soap, or most conventional soap, likely do more harm than good. Using just water--even cold-- & scrubbing works just as well.

If you want something fancy, castille soap (water+lye+fat), coconut oil, or even olive oil work just fine, and are muti-purpose too!

sky

Post by sky »

I have never heard of face wash, I just use the cheapest six pack of soap at Walgreen's. I also use it to shave.