Hristo Botev

Re: Exercise/Fitness Log

Post by Hristo Botev »

50-30-20-10
KB Thrusters
KB Swings
Push Ups
28 minutes

Followed by a brisk morning 1.7 mile walk from the car mechanic to work (26 minutes), because I'm having a pre-purchase car inspection done. I'll walk the 1.7 miles back this evening.

davtheram12

Post by davtheram12 »

Started developing some mid back tightness and random joint pain (likely from muscular imbalances). Decided it was time to do something differently in hopes of fixing some of the issues I likely created. Youtube pilates classes have been my go-to remedy for the past 4 months. After the initial shock and slight embarrassment wore off, I couldn't get enough of it. I average 3-4 sessions a week and it's been a HUGE help in creating balance throughout my body. So now my weekly workouts revolve around pilates sessions, kettlebell training, cycling, running and walking.

mooretrees

Post by mooretrees »

davetheram12, any specific Pilates videos you would recommend?

J_

Post by J_ »

End of winter season is maximum fitness for me. Every other day cc skiing for aerobic condition and body-power. In between days a combination of rather intensive pilatus on the mat (15 minutes), KB (8 minutes), Yoga excercises (10 minutes) and walks of about 8 kilometer.
I look forward to the spring; then I change to rowing on the water every other day. The other exercises go the year round.

I wonder why it is so difficult to maintain power in my arms. With KB it becomes direct clear to me if the power in my arms diminishes. Is the only possibility to do even more exercises? Can anyone give advise?

davtheram12

Post by davtheram12 »

mooretrees wrote:
Tue Mar 09, 2021 11:28 pm
davetheram12, any specific Pilates videos you would recommend?
Move with Nicole on YouTube has been great! She has videos that range from 15-60 minutes with varying difficulty. What I like most is that she does a voiceover throughout the video making it very easy to follow. Her calming voice keeps things relaxing.

Lemur

Post by Lemur »

Went on a 1 hour jog today - haven't done any real cardio like that in months. I have fantastic cardio regardless - years of being a former distance runner / military have taught me how to control my pace and heart rate.

I'm mostly getting back into an exercise routine to develop my fitness but also for the cognitive benefits - sharper mind and lower stress levels.

I've a notepad on my computer with something simple I can focus on to stick too:
I don't have weights (only a 35 lb kettlebell) and right now I don't have any spot to do pull-ups so I'll have to devise one or just stick with kettlebell rows for a while. With the exception of Sunday, I'm aiming for the other workouts to be in the 20-30 minute range.

Sunday – 1 hour jog
Monday – Upper + Lower Bodyweight
Tuesday – Cardio or Burpees (20-30 min) + Core
Wednesday – Rest
Thursday – Upper Body
Friday – Lower Body
Saturday – Core

Dave

Post by Dave »

Started training for a 100,000 step day a few weekends ago. I expect this to be ~45 miles. Been regularly doing ~10 miles of hiking/walking every weekend, so my training program was/is 15 miles last weekend, 20 miles this weekend, 25 miles next weekend, 30 miles the following weekend, and then the full 45 miles the next weekend.

The 20 miles yesterday wasn't too bad, but only about 45% of my target. For context, some years back I walked 25 miles one day, and over the last few years I've done ~15 a few times. I've never been a runner nor have done any of these sorts of challenges, so it should be fun and interesting!