Trimming nose hairs

Health, Fitness, Food, Insurance, Longevity, Diets,...
Freedom_2018

Trimming nose hairs

Post by Freedom_2018 »

From direct personal experience over the last couple of years, I have found a very close correlation between reduced trimming of nose hairs and reduced frequency of catching a cold*.

In the past 9 months we've been on multiple planes and countries (including last in Italy, Spain...hello covid) but haven't caught a significant cold. Previously I would go to town with the scissors or nose groomer and had a higher frequency of colds often seemingly correlated with the bush whacking. Since I have had asthma since childhood, not catching a cold has also reduced my use of inhalers etc.

Since I don't want to look like a Neanderthal...I still trim but very carefully and just to the extent needed. I assume this is going to be a trickier subject for women since socially we are less forgiving of their appearance.

Has anyone else had the same experience? Any other tips that have specifically worked for you (besides the usual, don't touch face, wash hands )?

*Now that I've mentioned it, hopefully haven't jinxed myself😁

Ego

Re: Trimming nose hairs

Post by Ego »

Hah! I don't often get sick, but I found one of these manual nose hair trimmers second hand and have started using it regularly. We shall see.

https://groommate.com/

The fact that I bought it second hand should tell you all you need to know about my fear of germs... if you didn't already know.

ETA, I've been using the Turkish barber technique for ear hair since my first exposure to it..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LYQ4TcyzSlA

Freedom_2018

Post by Freedom_2018 »

I was raised in a germaphobe household and supposedly did not get the colustrum as a baby either....so have always had to watch out for health stuff...luckily haven't turned into a total germaphobe with OCD tendencies. I have however spent more time in hospitals in my teenage years ( and been supllied enough medication thanks to free medicine from dad's military dictor job) than most people will spend in a lifetime...so tend to be a bit more cautious than the average person.

I like the Turkish technique... wonder how that works for trimming pubes 😁.... not going to try at present since my isopropyl alcohol stash is currently valued like liquid gold..ha ha!

Ego

Post by Ego »

:lol:

Oh, I don't use alcohol. I just use a long-stemmed, tall-flame lighter. Definitely not on other areas. YMMV.

tonyedgecombe

Post by tonyedgecombe »

Freedom_2018 wrote:
Sun Apr 26, 2020 2:39 pm
I like the Turkish technique... wonder how that works for trimming pubes 😁.... not going to try at present since my isopropyl alcohol stash is currently valued like liquid gold..ha ha!
Just be careful if you've been eating a lot of beans during the shutdown. :lol: :lol:

Freedom_2018

Post by Freedom_2018 »

Beans = kaboom!

Luckily I tend to more low carb.