get this while you still can:
https://www.costco.com/kirkland-signatu ... 34981.html
works in soups, beans, stews, etc.
also blends well with cream cheese, sour cream, etc
eta: apologies if you read pre-edit. im slightly fatigued.
get this while you still can:
Testing isn't the solution because there won't be enough test kits. I personally want everyone to go into lockdown for a month apart from essential services across the world. If we can then starve this virus out it'd be fantastic.
https://www.8newsnow.com/news/local-new ... se-to-109/Sisolak said the number of positive cases in our state has skyrocketed, increasing by 70% in just three days. He noted the numbers are not slowing down, and we have not yet reached our apex.
The governor said due to the fact Nevada does not have enough test kits, we don’t know the full scope of the virus.
Sisolak revealed the Nevada Division of Behavioral and Public Health received a notice that all of our state’s requests for testing kits are on an indefinite backlog.
Sisolak says we have 5,000 acute care beds in Nevada, fewer than 700 are intensive care unit beds. More than 80% of those beds are occupied right now, with a mix of COVID-19 and other patients. That leaves only 20% remaining.
https://www.oregonlive.com/coronavirus/ ... ng-it.html“Hospitalizations don’t lie,” Peter Graven, Oregon Health and Science University’s lead data scientist, said in a legislative hearing. “Whether or not you’ve been tested, if you get sick enough, you’re going to show up at the hospital. The number we want to watch is our hospitalization rate.”
After questions from numerous media outlets, the Oregon Health Authority said late Friday that it would resume posting hospitalizations on Saturday.
By Friday, Modie said Oregon would start posting the hospitalization numbers again the next day. He said the authority was aware of 40 people being hospitalized among the 115 coronavirus cases identified in Oregon.
Sorry, only now catching up on stuff.
I'm surprised he didn't mention a certain Lombardy leader who downplayed COVID-19 as "just the flu", much like Trump did here. Plus a quarantine that came, was removed, and then reinstated.
Here is an excellent twitter thread by Peter Kolchinsky on the potential to develop a Covid-19 vaccine.
This is awesome news that the genome of COVID-19 is pretty simple right now! Also TIL that we have no idea what causes 30% of cold cases!Here is an excellent twitter thread by Peter Kolchinsky on the potential to develop a Covid-19 vaccine.
https://twitter.com/PeterKolchinsky/sta ... 7958545410
The simplest explanation is different testing strategies/capabilities between different countries(*). This screws with the denominator. As testing facilities get overwhelmed priority moves accordingly: everybody > everybody who wants it > those with a history & clinical reasons and anyone they met > those with a history & reasons > hospital, etc. workers > those admitted to hospitals. Denmark moved very quickly (<1 week) from the start to the end of that list as they ran out of testing reagents... which are apparently on backorder from Roche => CFR going up. Conversely, the US didn't start testing much until recently due to regulations, etc. but them ramped up faster than the death count => CFR is going down.