Best affordable workout bench?

Health, Fitness, Food, Insurance, Longevity, Diets,...
sarger17

Best affordable workout bench?

Post by sarger17 »

Hi all,

I normally do/try to buy everything used. But the idea of buying someone's sweat filled workout bench grosses me out. Rather just buy a new affordable one that I know isn't used.

So with that, have any of you bought one on amazon or similar site that you're happy with? Want to buy an adjustable one with dumbbells. I have limited room in my garage but I really want to cancel my membership and workout in my garage. So as long as the bench is foldable/adjustable I'll be able to make it work.

Any recommendations would be great!

Scott 2

Re: Best affordable workout bench?

Post by Scott 2 »

I have an adjustable bench from Rogue and buyer's remorse. It's too heavy, too big, not enough settings, etc. It is very stable, which is why I bought it, but that turns out not be worth the trade off.

This was my second choice and what I wish I'd ordered:

https://www.garagegymreviews.com/rep-fi ... ch-review/

With that said, it's still bulky and heavy. Before I got an incline bench, I was propping my flat bench on a plyo box. That worked pretty well with dumbbells and is what I would recommend in a situation like yours. I have this rogue bench and really like the design:

https://www.roguefitness.com/rogue-flat-utility-bench

The bench is light and narrow enough that it is easy to move around, yet it's still stable. Since the feet are sort of round, it props on a box pretty well. With no cross member, I can prop it on two boxes and do chest support rows. Not saying you need rogue, but I'd look for a similar design. A lot of benches are over built and become a heavy pain.

With all that said - your are already using benches someone else has sweated on at the gym. Someone's home equipment could be hardly used. I wouldn't totally rule out buying that way. There's a big advantage to seeing the bench in person and trying it for your personal preferences.

sarger17

Re: Best affordable workout bench?

Post by sarger17 »

Scott 2 wrote:
Wed Jul 10, 2019 8:50 am

With all that said - your are already using benches someone else has sweated on at the gym. Someone's home equipment could be hardly used. I wouldn't totally rule out buying that way. There's a big advantage to seeing the bench in person and trying it for your personal preferences.
Excellent point. But then again, the gym I go to is obsessed with cleaning and wiping the benches so maybe knowing that helps a little bit. Thank you for the recommendations! Definitely going to look into them!