Warning: WH seeks to limit/deport immigrants using ACA and other gov. services

Health, Fitness, Food, Insurance, Longevity, Diets,...
Mister Imperceptible

Re: Warning: WH seeks to limit/deport immigrants using ACA and other gov. services

Post by Mister Imperceptible »

“The answer to neofascism is stopping neoliberalism. Putting another Clinton in the White House will fan the flames of right-wing extremism.”

-Jill Stein

(At a book reading attended by Mister Imperceptible):

Salman Rushdie: And these idiots that voted for Jill Stein, they are just as bad as those who voted for Donald Trump.

Master of Ceremonies: Er...uh....we’re going to have Jill Stein here for a forum next week.

Mister Imperceptible

Re: Warning: WH seeks to limit/deport immigrants using ACA and other gov. services

ffj wrote:
Thu Jul 26, 2018 10:56 pm
I for one am sick of these articles that constantly attempt to diagnose the Trump voter. It's arrogant if nothing else and it comes from an attitude of pathology. "Why aren't the minions acting the way we want them too? What's wrong with them?"
I wonder who would be most sympathetic to ffj’s community of deplorable minions. Salman Rushdie, Hillary Clinton, or Jill Stein?

I have an idea.

7Wannabe5

Post by 7Wannabe5 »

"Mister Imperceptible" wrote:I wonder who would be most sympathetic to ffj’s community of deplorable minions. Salman Rushdie, Hillary Clinton, or Jill Stein?
Well, it's not like it is even the case that the deplorable minions are entirely sympathetic to the deplorable minions. For instance, the individual who owns his own helicopter and told me about how he sharpened his machete in Vietnam in violation of the Geneva Conference, also told me about an encounter he had with rural meth-head rusty trailer in the woods type people with moral of story being "always carry a gun", and my on the G2 side of those who voted for Trump BF was even more freaked out by this guy than me.

BRUTE

Post by BRUTE »

7Wannabe5 wrote:
Thu Sep 27, 2018 2:46 pm
Like maybe the next time I hear my BF repeat something I deem to be idiotic he heard on the radio I will call him a Grouchy Old Fried-Pickle-Eating-McPilgrim?
brute really thinks there's something to that "it's not racism if there's no power" thing. brute used to laugh those "haha white humans" things off and even made jokes himself. it's just part of (mostly white) liberal self-deprecating humor.

but now humans have been fired for being white male, not been elected mostly because their opponents were non-white and non-male, are discriminated against in both university admission (though not as much as asians) and employment - it feels like the beginning of a real threat.

Jean

Post by Jean »

White replaced jew as a human hate Shield for the elite.

7Wannabe5

Post by 7Wannabe5 »

@BRUTE:

I agree that there has been a shift in the landscape, but I think it might be a bit more complex than you suggest. For instance, is it the white guy who comes out of his corner like Conor McGregor or the white guy who comes out of his corner like Fred MacMurray who is feeling more push-back? The answer might actually be both, but for polar opposite reasons.

Also, there is a marked difference in terms of public vs. private realms. Realms of public employment are more likely to be dealing directly with social issues or members of society in general, so will be more inclined to hire, for instance, a pleasant middle-aged woman who speaks Spanish fluently and doesn't frighten young children with her beard. OTOH, a very small entrepreneurial company that manufactures and distributes indoor pot growing supplies, such as the business that was located on the other side of a thin wall from mine for a number of years, will be more inclined towards hiring and being run by young white men whose management style involves yelling rough obscenities at each other. I literally experienced push-back from this business, since they were quite successful and were willing to pay to acquire more square footage in the partitioned space we both rented :lol:

Anyways, I was feeling a bit sorry for you guys since I am a soft-touch for the under-dog, but then I saw some recent statistics out of OkCupid which place White Men and Asian Females securely at the top of the market-even with almost every other group (Asian men prefer Hispanic women to Asian Women), so now I am inclined to think that you guys are just being kind of spoiled whiny.

7Wannabe5

Post by 7Wannabe5 »

For instance, the mid-20th century reality for a white man working in the advertising business was much more like that portrayed in the contemporaneous sitcom "Bewitched" than the recent drama "Mad Men." Darren Stevens does have the support of his lovely wife Samantha, but he is constantly having to scrape and bow to his boss and bend over backwards for his clients. The "mid-level company man" was not a very Alpha happiness-producing position, and many of the original treatises on the topic of "reclaiming masculinity" were written during this era. The introduction of women and people of other races and recently immigrated from other countries into these types of workplaces did nothing to change, one way or another, the inherent frustrations built into the structure.

7Wannabe5

Post by 7Wannabe5 »

Another example of current complexity = world in which my 5 year old students already live- Women Retro Dress Vintage Prairie Chic European Style worn by Asian model.

https://ae01.alicdn.com/kf/HTB182hBdXko ... -Dress.jpg

7Wannabe5

Post by 7Wannabe5 »

Here's the OkayCupid research:

https://theblog.okcupid.com/race-and-at ... 7dcbb4f060

Important note would be the discrepancy between about what people say and what people actually do. This correlates perfectly with many anecdotes I have heard from men I have dated or just chatted with over coffee. Men of color, both Black and Asian, frequently experience truly vicious responses from white women just for inquiring about possibility of dating. White men suffer their share of rejection, but it is usually more personal, and most of their bad date stories have to do with the woman being much more fat in person or alcoholic or looking for somebody to pay mall/cruise tab.

Mister Imperceptible

7Wannabe5 wrote:
Fri Sep 28, 2018 4:22 am
Realms of public employment are more likely to be dealing directly with social issues or members of society in general, so will be more inclined to hire, for instance, a pleasant middle-aged woman who speaks Spanish fluently and doesn't frighten young children with her beard.
According to this logic, I can deny employment to someone in a public-facing business because they are a “scary-looking black person.”
7Wannabe5 wrote:
Fri Sep 28, 2018 4:22 am
Anyways, I was feeling a bit sorry for you guys since I am a soft-touch for the under-dog, but then I saw some recent statistics out of OkCupid which place White Men and Asian Females securely at the top of the market-even with almost every other group (Asian men prefer Hispanic women to Asian Women), so now I am inclined to think that you guys are just being kind of spoiled whiny.
My employment has been threatened multiple times, for nothing to do with performance, but because of the dominant anti-white male narrative (HR issues).

I would say that’s more important than perceived desirability on dating websites.

7Wannabe5

Post by 7Wannabe5 »

Well, I have worked in HR myself, and I think there is a good deal of overlap between deemed desirable for dating and deemed employable candidate pool. I was mostly in charge of hiring for very entry level positions, and I did have a corporate mandate to hire for diversity. Still, I did hire a lot of young white men, and those who I rejected my reason was usually "sullen during interview." Of course, mileage may vary in a more competitive environment for a higher ranking position.
According to this logic, I can deny employment to someone in a public-facing business because they are a “scary-looking black person.”
I'm not saying you can. I'm saying you will if you are free to do so and it doesn't counter your values system. BTW, I work with a lot of young men with beards who do know how to make themselves appear non-frightening to young children. Somebody who didn't make the effort would be unfit for the job. Just like I am unfit for any job that requires lifting more than 40 lbs.

7Wannabe5

Post by 7Wannabe5 »

Anyways, pretty obvious I don't have the energy or empathy to spare for your problems, given my need to compete with younger, thinner, Asian females who have borrowed MY style to steal MY potential dates.

Mister Imperceptible

I don’t need the empathy. I’m just rejecting the anti-white male ideology. I was brought up to treat people with courtesy and respect, regardless of their race or gender. I don’t need the current leftists to tell me what is required of me to be a good person.

Good luck with your dating.

7Wannabe5

Post by 7Wannabe5 »

@Mister Imperceptible:

Thanks. Good luck with your employment.

C40

Post by C40 »

7Wannabe5 wrote:
Fri Sep 28, 2018 11:41 am
... my need to compete with younger, thinner, Asian females who have borrowed MY style to steal MY potential dates.
We all know they ain't got a booty like yours. You also have a type of intelligence more attractive than the more STEM-slanted skills of some Asians.

hojo-e

Post by hojo-e »

jacob wrote:
Tue Sep 25, 2018 8:48 am
Right now I'm just working to get to a point where diversification is easier. I'm leaning towards flag theory(*) but first I need to get closer to a point where flag theory is possible.
Knowing what you know today, if you could go back in time, what would you have done differently and when would you have done it?

7Wannabe5

Post by 7Wannabe5 »

@C40:

Thanks, but I was very weakly attempting to make the point that I don't find such trends to be threatening. I would also note that my 78 year old multi-millionaire friend, who grew up very poor on a farm, and then attended a very good University on scholarship, told me that after he was fired from his first couple jobs and found himself eating from a dumpster at the age of 27, he came to the realization that in the realm of furthering yourself through employment getting along with other people is more important than being right.

jacob
Site Admin
Location: USA, Zone 5b, Koppen Dfa, Elev. 620ft, Walkscore 77

Post by jacob »

hojo-e wrote:
Fri Sep 28, 2018 7:41 pm
Knowing what you know today, if you could go back in time, what would you have done differently and when would you have done it?
After I received my LPR, I opened an IRA and 401k figuring that I could permanently trust/commit to the US retirement system. In retrospect, I would have opened Roth versions instead. This would make it easier to pull money out.

I have already lived outside of Denmark for too many years to receive anything from Danish social security, even if I move back now. Conversely, I do have enough points to get US SS. The US has various agreements with various countries as to whether US SS covers people depending on where they live. As the current treaty is I would only receive US SS payment if and only if I live in Denmark. That screwed up the previous Malta plan (aka plan B). Recall, until Aug 2018, DW was ineligible for family-based immigration to Denmark. A good example of losing $$$ because of unintended cracks in the rules.

I could have applied for US citizenship earlier. However, until the past few years (IIRC it was 2014), Denmark did not allow dual citizenship (they do now). I wanted to keep an exit open + EU passports are the most valuable in the world. Even after dual citizenship became allowed, applying would have killed any plans to ever move to Denmark due to the attachment rule.

I would have put more effort into traveling to different countries. I used to travel a lot, but since I came to the US, my efforts in that regard has been dialed down. For example, suppose we were making regular visits to Thailand or Malaysia or whatever ... this would reduce the uncertainty wrt a forced exit substantially. One might even imagine owning a second home elsewhere.

In that regard, having less roots/baggage would have been a better choice. We should not have bought a house and we should own less stuff, like e.g. http://earlyretirementextreme.com/how-t ... itcas.html instead of accumulating enough tools and supplies over the past few years to be almost completely self-reliant.

There's none of this that does not have solutions (so in that regard my pursuit of optionality has worked) but we could certainly be in a better/more convenient position, so there's some work to do.

chenda

Post by chenda »

@jacob - It sounds like you're better off reclaiming residency in Denmark with wifey whilst there is still a window of opportunity to do so. You can always have a second home somewhere. The risk of been left stateless or barred from the only two countries you feel you can call home is too great.
Last edited by chenda on Sat Sep 29, 2018 2:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bankai

Post by Bankai »

Denmark opens 26 other countries. You can have a winter holiday home in Malta to have the best of both (all 3?) worlds.