Delivering for Amazon Flex?

Anything to do with the traditional world of get a degree, get a job as well as its alternatives
Gilberto de Piento

Delivering for Amazon Flex?

Post by Gilberto de Piento »

Anyone tried it? It's supposed to be a cross between delivering for ups and driving for Uber.

jennypenny

Re: Delivering for Amazon Flex?

Post by jennypenny »

I know someone who's doing it. They said the warehouses are really disorganized and slow people down. If I understood correctly, they also pay based on how long they think it should take to deliver the items, not how long it actually takes. She said sometimes the '3-hour' shift can take 4 or 5 hours because of warehouse issues, traffic, and weather, but you only get paid for 3.

Maybe the problems are location specific so YMMV.

jacob
Site Admin
Location: USA, Zone 5b, Koppen Dfa, Elev. 620ft, Walkscore 77

Post by jacob »

I've received a few deliveries which I suspect might be from [that vector]. An unmarked car at irregular hours that just drops the package at the porch and doesn't ring the doorbell (unlike USPS or UPS). Overall, they project an amateurish feeling to delivering.

classical_Liberal

Post by classical_Liberal »

Last edited by classical_Liberal on Thu Feb 04, 2021 11:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Gilberto de Piento

Post by Gilberto de Piento »

If you are interested in this type of thing...
No, just curious. I did briefly have a paper route as a kid and I think I have deliveries out of my system unless someone wants to put up the cash for a "Smokey and the Bandit" type one last big job and then I retire operation.

Based on the cars I see driving around, delivering food for one of the app-dispatched uber-like intermediaries is also popular.