- Your ideas - whether they are things you want to do or never would
- Your experiences/results
Some factors that may be important about the types of work are:
- What you are selling - is it a straight trade of your time? Expertise that allows accomplishing something? A product that you’re good at making? Infrastructure created by making something or use of capital?
- Is it something that you would or already do for fun anyway?
- Does support other types of work/income?
- Does it support other goals? (perhaps social - in meeting people.. or fitness-related by doing physical work, or fulfilling - perhaps by feeling you’re helping other people)
- Is the income easily outside view of the IRS? (some will like this to avoid paying for wars, to just get a better deal on government, or to control income for things like ACA, the recent Covid E.I.P, and possible future forms of UBI.
- How much marketing is needed to get customers?
- How scalable?
- Can you stop and start when you want? (both for daily hours, but also if you want to not do that for some months)
Ok.. please share your ideas and experiences!