Business ideas for the upcoming depression?

Anything to do with the traditional world of get a degree, get a job as well as its alternatives
theanimal

Re: Business ideas for the upcoming depression?

Post by theanimal »

It's dark and not something for me but funeral homes are always needed.

Jason

Post by Jason »

New York Times had article on use of mid-wives for the delivering of babies during this time. Our DVD collection is on fumes and I refuse to sign up for streaming and one of our choices is "Call The Midwife" and it is an absolute exercise in Big British Crap (except for the one episode where the expectant white mother was fretful and the white husband excited and their differing attitudes were explained when the baby turned out to be African American) but it explains the huge practice during the baby-boom British years. I don't know if it means a reversion to doctor house calls or not. That's for those in the know.

Alphaville

Post by Alphaville »

@Jason - We tried watching that midwife business once and couldn’t stand it, lol. I feel your pain? I think...

As for streaming services: try them out for their free trials and then cancel, and thus stick it to the man? Except for Criterion: the Criterion Channel is glorious and deserving of every bit of support.

I get Prime Video free with 2-day delivery... or is it the other way around? Free delivery with...

...anywyay, doesn’t matter, Prime a worthy service for me all around, and for video you can add/remove “channels” at will (HBO, Showtime, Starz, etc..) without having to install more crap, and they have their free trials.

By the time you’re done raiding all freebies, quarantine will have ended, and you can resume library DVDs.

Also: your public library might have some streaming videos, via Hoopla or whatever.

Lol, that was totally off topic but I thought I’d say it anyway in case it’s helpful.

Jason

Post by Jason »

Not to stray off topic but our other option is Outlander which makes Call the Midwife equivalent to The Godfather. It's one thing when its a BBC video shot formulaic detective series. You know what you're getting. But these two shows have Game of Thrones production values and they are so painfully bad they make me want to walk to the assisted living center down the street and commit suicide by bingo.

We disconnected the ROKU and its just too much effort. My greatest disappointment was realizing I couldn't watch the ESPN "Last Dance" without some type of streaming service.

To add to the thread, Good Humor drivers can double as refrigerated corpse services. Maybe just change the happy music to taps so they know to run out with the dead bodies, not to buy ice cream.