FI and still putting up with BS job

Anything to do with the traditional world of get a degree, get a job as well as its alternatives
Frita

Re: FI and still putting up with BS job

Post by Frita »

Thanks, if nothing else, it’s a funny story that I can tell for years. I feel so grateful to not need that job. That’s probably how he gets away with such bad behavior.

He was extremely angry with glazed over eyes, just like when he’s manhandled kids. I felt scared and didn’t trust him, which I told him trying to let me go. If I would have pushed it, I think he would have attacked me. Then after about ten minutes, he calmed down. His expression was completely different and he said, “I want this to end on a positive note. Have a nice trip to Guatemala. Do you get along well with staff there?” I said that I would, that the students were great, and the director and I get along really well.” So bizarre...

George the original one

Post by George the original one »

Hurray, you're out of there and none the worse for the bizarre experiences!

FIRE 2018

Post by FIRE 2018 »

If you can FI, do it. The stress and aggravation is not worth it. Your health, family and overall being will suffer. Life is too short.

Frita

Post by Frita »

Quotes from today’s local newspaper regarding state testing results and my former school:

“Only one school in XXXXXX (the district) was ranked as “not meeting expectations” this past year: XXXXX (the school where I had the BS job)...

The charter school had also received the state’s lowest accountability score in two of the three previous academic years...

Under the XXXXX (state’s) Accountability in Education Act of 2013, all elementary, middle and high schools receive one of four performance rating: Exceeding expectations, meeting expectations, partially meeting expectations, or not meeting expectations...

XXXXX (The) school has scored as having not met expectations for three of the last four years.”

This was the worst place I have ever worked for the cruelest, most unethical boss I have ever had. Part of me thinks “Thank goodness I am out of there,” yet I still feel sad with a twinge of anger and miss the kids.

Still decompressing into my ER...perhaps some day I’ll be at an event where whomever has worked at the lowest performing school in the entire state wins a prize. I will be ready to claim my loot and hope it’s a bag of lentils or better. In my fantasy, it’s lighthearted as I have moved on.

DutchGirl

Post by DutchGirl »

How have you been?

Frita

Post by Frita »

@DutchGirl
Thanks for checking! I have been learning stuff to include bucket showers (no running water), power outages for days at a time, hearing gunshots at night and knowing that not going out is smart, enjoying tons of fresh produce (Think passion fruit, cacao, pineapple, papaya, coconut, cassava, etc.). I have been averaging around 25K steps per day. The school was a total sham. They seem to be attracting a druggie element for volunteer teachers and did not have a curriculum for the courses in English. They said they wanted to change but really didn’t want to pay the price.

I ended up leaving early. Fast forward to four nights at a jungle lodge on Lake Yojoa. Tonight is night number one. So I am having a fantastic handcrafted chocolate porter, okay two, while listening to the frogs and other jungle noises to include the rain. It’s not very ERE, I know.

Lesson sinking in, working within systems is for me anymore. I am looking forward to going home to see my guys though.