Forums' new theme

Questions and comments
bigato

Re: Forums' new theme

Post by bigato »

jennypenny wrote:Several people have asked about the need to refresh on the phpBB forum and haven't received a response yet.
Unless you don't count my responses above.

Version updated, by the way.

jennypenny

Post by jennypenny »

bigato wrote:
jennypenny wrote:Several people have asked about the need to refresh on the phpBB forum and haven't received a response yet.
Unless you don't count my responses above.

Version updated, by the way.
I wasn't taking a shot at you, bigato. I meant that people have asked the developers on the phpBB forum and no one over there has responded (and they usually do). That's why I don't think they've addressed the problem yet.

bigato

Post by bigato »

I changed one cache configuration that I had made back in 2013 to improve response times. It was only sending you the updated version three minutes after the page was modified. I don't know why the problem only started to show after upgrading to the 3.1.x version, but it should be gone now. Also, it's possible that the forum will be slower because of the change.

bigato

Post by bigato »

jennypenny wrote: I wasn't taking a shot at you, bigato. I meant that people have asked the developers on the phpBB forum and no one over there has responded (and they usually do). That's why I don't think they've addressed the problem yet.
Sorry, I misunderstood. Let's see if the change I made will fix it.

jennypenny

Post by jennypenny »

I have this one bookmarked in case someone answers (it's the most recent) ... https://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtop ... &t=2273376

bigato

Post by bigato »

Looking at how the system behaved now with your post, it seems to be fixed by my change. I'll wait to see if it also work for other people here, and I may tell them the fix I used. Thank you for the link.

henrik

Post by henrik »

The update seems to have fixed the issue for me, thanks.