"how to talk to others" vs "this is ere"

Questions and comments
AxelHeyst

Re: "how to talk to others" vs "this is ere"

Post by AxelHeyst »

To summarize:

Alpha: We need/I will help make a better brochure so muggles don't get scared away so easily.
Jacob: I want the muggles to be frightened away. It keeps them from hurting themselves, and I don't want to be responsible for that. It's other people's work to help muggles step onto the path.

[edit: ^That was incorrect of me. It's more like:
Alpha: "if you actually want a brochure, we need to make a better brochure so some folks don't turn it into a theory"
Jacob: rtfm or gtfo.

I should probably just not try to summarize other people's long, well thought out comments in short, pithy sound bites. I'm detecting a theme here...]

--

@alpha are you familiar with Samuel Alexander's work? Specifically Art Against Empire?
Last edited by AxelHeyst on Sun Apr 18, 2021 5:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.

jacob
Site Admin
Location: USA, Zone 5b, Koppen Dfa, Elev. 620ft, Walkscore 77

Post by jacob »

AxelHeyst wrote:
Sun Apr 18, 2021 4:10 pm
Specifically Art Against Empire?
Also https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adbusters ... this [shaking up the salarymen] might be a better use of memes.

Alphaville

Post by Alphaville »

AxelHeyst wrote:
Sun Apr 18, 2021 4:10 pm
To summarize:

Alpha: We need/I will help make a better brochure so muggles don't get scared away so easily.
no, this is not what i said at all. i think i already said what i said though.

if i were to reframe into your terminology, i'd be saying "if you actually want a brochure, we need to make a better brochure so the muggles don't turn it into a theory". but i don't think anyone actually wants a brochure anymore. also i don't think of people as "muggles." also, i hate harry potter--crap books. always found them unreadable, awful prose.

but, le sigh, i was hoping not to rediscuss this. from here forward i'd rather use energy to think about small practical experiments, the carbon footprint of food, apartment homesteading-- and yogurt! and yogurt alternatives. and bicycle repair. and walking more. and increasing the homeotelicity of my invented system in the face of long odds because really i'm not trying to copy anyone, except at some specific techniques level. and my conceptualization is for empirical purposes not for rationalist pursuits.

also we've established there's no "we." now that i understand, i really support @jacob's grad school seminar, and don't wanna lard it up with well-intentioned bullshit.

AxelHeyst

Post by AxelHeyst »

Alphaville wrote:
Sun Apr 18, 2021 4:30 pm
if i were to reframe into your terminology, i'd be saying "if you actually want a brochure, we need to make a better brochure so the muggles don't turn it into a theory".
Fair correction, I'm with you. I was hastily adding and mixing some other ideas swirling around, shouldn't have put those in your mouth. I'm quite happy to put this to bed and tiptoe out the door now.

Alphaville

Post by Alphaville »

AxelHeyst wrote:
Sun Apr 18, 2021 5:10 pm
Fair correction, I'm with you. I was hastily adding and mixing some other ideas swirling around, shouldn't have put those in your mouth. I'm quite happy to put this to bed and tiptoe out the door now.
🍻

see you around the forum!